• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

CenturyLink DSL problems?

New posts
i've had centry tel 3 yrs never a prob;em but mediacom offered me great deal

i only use my home maybe 6 weeks a yr now as i rent. i've had mediacom sending me offers for years for phone and net but never jumped as it was always a yr lockin and i don't want to switch back and forth, anything they offered me $4.95 each for both net and phone but they offered only $10 increase the second yr, si\o that saves me around $2k over the next yr so i have to jump. i
 
Well, it came back about 3:30 for us. Hope everyone else is back now, too. Dang, that was a bit of an ordeal. Too much one-finger typing on the phone.
 
BR, do you know which modem you have?
I called and complained and they are sending me a new one. After I reset this one yet again it started working better, but that usually does not work for me.
 
BR, do you know which modem you have?
I called and complained and they are sending me a new one. After I reset this one yet again it started working better, but that usually does not work for me.
That happened to us a year or so ago, they sent us a new modem, and the problems stopped happened. Still slow (for example, for watching things on youtube).
 
I was having trouble with my DSL for the last few weeks. The modem kept resetting itself. This past weekend I finally gave up and I called technical support. We determined that yes, after 11 years, the modem needs replacing. Century Link doesn't provide free modem replacement anymore. They want you to lease a new one for $3.99 a month.

I went to Newegg and ordered the Actiontec GT701D for around $45. Hooked it up today. With the old modem my download speed was 1.24 Mbps although I was paying for 3.0Mbps. With the new modem I'm getting 2.74Mbps.
 
Thanks!

Century Link sent me a new modem for free - has something to do with the plan I was given when I signed up. Haven't hooked it up yet, will be interesting to see if I can get better speed. I also pay for 3.0 and haven't been getting it reliably.
If this modem isn't any better I wouldn't mind paying for my own if it works well.
 
Hey NotDeadYet - Please let us know if that modem does not work or does not improve the service we are providing. CenturylinkHelp is here to assist everyone in the online/social forums and communities we provide service in.

If anyone else needs assistance please let us know either by secure web form from our FaceBook page: http://on.fb.me/y4mR0U or by emailing us directly at TalkToUs@Centurylink.com


You can alsow meet our team of specialists from that link or tweet at us @CenturylinkHelp

Thanks,

Rich @CenturylinkHelp
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top