• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Charlie Modica, Sr.

New posts
I'm so relieved to hear Mr. Modica is improving! They are such nice people; we look forward to visiting the market every time we come down. The deli is awesome and the atmosphere is so warm and inviting! We'll be praying for a full and speedy recovery for Charlie!
 
Just had an update on Mr. Modica's condition from a good friend and college roomie, who is also a relative of the Mondicas. She said they have put in some stents and that he is doing as well as could be expected, all things considered. No word as to when he might be released.
 
Latest I received:

"Mr. Modica continues to progress well.

He is to undergo an additional heart catheterization this afternoon and possible angioplasty with stints on one more coronary artery.

The insertion of the defibrillator is planned on Monday.

The family expects him to be moved out of critical care and into a regular intensive care unit room possibly this weekend."

Amazing what paryers and good wishes can do............. :D
 
Thanks for the updates on Mr. Modica. It's very good to hear he's doing better.

I've spoken with the man so many times on visits to his store, but don't profess to know him at all. Yet, when I read the news about his accident, I felt like a family member had taken ill. All year long, I pine for our fall vacation to Sowal ? mainly for the rest and relaxation (ok, and for the fishing). But, one of the biggest things my wife and I anticipate is the almost daily visits to Modica's. At least in our minds, his store is almost mystical for us ? it's unique setting, incredible offerings and back-to-the-roots atmosphere seems to always take us to a better place.

Much like SoWal itself.

I hope he continues to improve, and I look forward to speaking with him in November.
 
I do not know Mr. Modica, but will make sure I go into the market next trip and see this "Mr. Seaside" for myself.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Mr. Modica.
 
I do not know him personally, but would know his face the minute I walked into his market. Love biking to Modica's in the morning for a big breakfast crossiant, it just makes my trip to Sowal. Get well soon Mr.Modica, my prayers are with you.
 
Any further updates on Mr. Modica?
 
Rita said:
I do not know Mr. Modica, but will make sure I go into the market next trip and see this "Mr. Seaside" for myself.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Mr. Modica.
I think you can see him in the movie, Truman.;-)
 
Smiling JOe said:
I think you can see him in the movie, Truman.;-)
Both Senior and Junior, in fact. I didn't realize there were going to be recognizable faces as well as places when I went to see the movie; I actually embarrassed myself by saying, "Charles!" out loud when Junior appeared onscreen. I was so caught off guard!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top