• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Charlie Modica, Sr.

New posts
Good news on Mr. Modica:

Yesterday afternoon (Friday), Mr. Modica had an additional angioplasty procedure. The main coronary artery was opened up successfully and stints were placed into this artery to make it as permanent as possible. He tolerated the procedure very well.

Most likely all of the "repair" work is done.

Next Wednesday, Mr. Modica is scheduled for insertion of a defibrillator/pacemaker called a Pacemaker II which will provide routine electrical pacing of his heart as needed AND also provide emergency defibrillation on an as needed basis.

This morning (Saturday) he was sitting up in bed eating regular breakfast food-----well, regular hospital breakfast food that is!!!

Charlie says he has really perked up and come out from under the sedation and "acts and talks like Daddy again."

The rest of the weekend is planned for him to rest and visit with family at visiting hours.
 
Great news for Mr. Modica. My pastry from Modica market this coming weekend will taste extra sweet knowing Mr. Modica is doing so much better.
 
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Mr. Modica. My thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Modica and his family. Such a sweet, kind man. I can't imagine Modica Market without him. :bow:
 
Seasider said:
Charlie says he has really perked up and come out from under the sedation and "acts and talks like Daddy again."

Awesome! :clap_1:
 
We love going to the Market and talking to Mr. Modica. Even though he does not know us personally, it is always like talking to an old friend. He is definitely part of the 30-A experience. Our prayers are with him!!!
 
Spoke with Charles Jr. today and all is going very well with Mr. Modica. He is in progressive care now. Charles Jr. said he would love to have a copy of this thread so he could show his Dad. I'm not that good with computer stuff, so if someone could get a copy of what everyone has expressed, he would appreciate it very much.
 
beach lover said:
Spoke with Charles Jr. today and all is going very well with Mr. Modica. He is in progressive care now. Charles Jr. said he would love to have a copy of this thread so he could show his Dad. I'm not that good with computer stuff, so if someone could get a copy of what everyone has expressed, he would appreciate it very much.

I thought about printing a copy and dropping it by the store, but I was going to wait to let it build, and while waiting, I forgot. I haven't tried printing from SoWal, so I'll see how it goes.
 
I was planning on doing that at some point. There is a printable version of each thread available.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top