• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Chelco Bill: WOW!

New posts
I can't find mine. Going to have to call them tomorrow for the bad news. And I haven't been warm since I've been home, except for when I was standing over the stove. :blink:
 
I have a house about 1400 sq ft and my bill was 365.00 :yikes:, Chelco sucks. I never even put my heat above 70, we just wrapped up instead. My bill is like this every month. If mine gets below 275.00 I consider it a good month.
 
Yes, that tough. A friend of mine is on the bay and her house is always chilly/drafty. CHELCO can no longer advertise that they are the cheapest electricity! :yikes:

Actually they can, Gulf Power is now including lube in their bills.

$222 here.
 
:idontno: I don't understand. Do you have Gulf Power in S. Walton Co.? Lube? :idontno:

Gulf powers electric is even more expensive then Chelco Lynnie. Its so expensive, they ask you to bend over when you get the bill. The lube is a mere courtesy to make the bending over part less painful.... ;-)
 
We have 2300 SF and we were $289 last month which is not bad- but y'all have me scared to go to the mailbox!
 
Ours was 'only' about $350, which was a pleasant surprise. I did look for a way to send in a little extra scratch to help others get over the hump, but I didn't see a way to do this...I thought CHELCO was going to make this an option?:idontno:
 
Wrap your hot water eater and put it on a timer. 2 hours before you get up(if 1 or 2), or through shower time if full family, and two hours before home from work. The heater and blanket will hold the temp all day. No need to be running it 24 hrs. Heater blanket and timer both available at HD. It will impact your bill.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top