• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cindy Meadows not running

New posts
Does anyone know George Wallace Smith? WRobert do you have any insight?


You got three getting into the race. Charlie Burke the mosquito guy. I guess a lot of his is going to depend on what happens next week.

George W. Smith, never met the guy.

Robert M 'Bob' Hudson, treasurer of the Taxpayer's Association, I know him really well, staunch fiscal conservative. Has led the charge to reduce taxes, with Cindy's assistance the last 3 years.
 
You got three getting into the race. Charlie Burke the mosquito guy. I guess a lot of his is going to depend on what happens next week.

George W. Smith, never met the guy.

Robert M 'Bob' Hudson, treasurer of the Taxpayer's Association, I know him really well, staunch fiscal conservative. Has led the charge to reduce taxes, with Cindy's assistance the last 3 years.

Thanks. I know Burke and Hudson, just not Smith. Do you know if Burke ever got his residency issues handled? Also, do you expect any others coming into the race now that Cindy isn't running or is it too early to tell?

The reason I am peppering you with questions is that I believe it will be decided in the primary and you are our go to guy in the local GOP. Thanks!
 
Isn't Charlie Burke still tied up in Court for reportedly living in Bay County while being the Director of South Walton Mosquito Control? If I correctly recall, Gov Crist had him removed from his duties with Mosquito Control until the Court could make a ruling.

Bob Hudson -- isn't he the one who called the law on Seabreeze Jazz Festival, making them turn down the volume of the music festival?
 
Isn't Charlie Burke still tied up in Court for reportedly living in Bay County while being the Director of South Walton Mosquito Control? If I correctly recall, Gov Crist had him removed from his duties with Mosquito Control until the Court could make a ruling.

Bob Hudson -- isn't he the one who called the law on Seabreeze Jazz Festival, making them turn down the volume of the music festival?


Charlie goes to court next week from what I am told. He is a Commissioner on that board. I guess if he is convicted he will not run, and if not, then he will have to resign to run.

Bob was not in town for the Festival. Remember, Pridgen asked him to take a vacation that weekend, so he did. He did bring it up to the BCC about the fact if they were going to enact noise and parking ordinances, then everyone should be made to follow them. The neighborhood he lives in, from what I understand, is mostly elderly retired. When they have a problem, they all come to Bob and let him try to get it worked out for them. His prior experience in both business and government has really been helpful. But enough about Bob. I am sure he can jump on here and answer questions and toot his own horn when he gets through getting all those petitions signed so he can get on the ballot.

The only rumours I have heard as far as additional people running:

Kathy O'Dell who was a commissioner in Okaloosa County that I hear has moved into Walton County.

Anita Page, who I sure most of you know from the SWCC.
 
Once the Democratic Party gets their headquarters squared away, maybe they'll put up some good commissioner candidates in all the races. This opening could be their opportunity to take some local seats.
 
Does anyone know how much longer they have to file to run?
 
In fact, any Independent or any Other party member could file and have a chance at winning. They'd at least make it to the General Election in November. Does anyone know all the different parties that one could file under for commissioner?
 
Anyone who can get you two to agree must be a miracle worker. :lol:
While that may be so, the loss of Cindy Meadows as a Walton County Commissioner will set the county back to a period that was prevalent before she was elected. With the election of Sara Commander and the presence of Cindy on the commission, things were really beginning to look up for a progressive Walton County. She is a thoughtful, intelligent and wise commissioner. I, for one, hope she will reconsider when she realizes how highly she is thought of by her constituency.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top