Ok....what is the going cleaning hourly rate? 15-20-30/hr? what do you think is fair? what is your biggest complaint in this area? what is your big success? is rental and home different always?
I'm sure everyone has a thought on this?
I think the point of lots of cleaners is to get in and get out, after cleaning of course. ;-) Would guess that would come out to be about $30/hr. for around 2.5 hrs. Wow, that's better than what I made as an RN. 
Guess it coulda been a lot worse. 

People often think it is expensive, but giving what the duties entail, I find the pay to be low. Thinking about the actions of many rentors at vacation spots, and considering the high number of people often renting a house, I am not surprised at all that you were left cleaning someone else's puke. Try doing that for 10 hours a day, a few days a week. Thanks, but no thanks. I cannot imagine all of the crap those hard-working people have to clean. Sure, there are people like me who clean up after myself when staying in someone's home, but even if that is 50% of the people who rent, that is still a lot of puke and crap to clean.It is very hard work. I just had to scrub dried up puke off the commode.Guess it coulda been a lot worse.
It's truly amazing how dirty a vacation rental place could get in one week.
Ok....what is the going cleaning hourly rate? 15-20-30/hr? what do you think is fair? what is your biggest complaint in this area? what is your big success? is rental and home different always? I'm sure everyone has a thought on this?
I agree 100% on hard work....so let us talk about burnout? is it fair for the price to be this high overall and then watch quality go downhill? And do you as a employer have to factor in travel time for the employee? what about cleaning materials.....do they supply and does the rate stay the same or do you supply and that rate goes down?:scratch: