• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

County budget cuts, what would you do without?

New posts
Bob, if you are serious about enacting a state income tax, you may need a session or two with Bob Newhart or Sigmund Freud.:floor::floor::floor:
I think we could do without a cop on every corner, this weekend alone I saw cop cars sitting doing nothing in two or three parking lots in Sowal, Freeport and city cops in the median of 331 in DeFuniak. :shock::shock::shock: I also think we can get out of the business of supporting all of these non-profits and charities, if I choose to support Grit & Grace, Little League, ARC, the Fair, Chautauqua, etc then I will give to them but I should not be forced to contribute through taxes.:clap::clap::clap:I definitely DO NOT think we should slow down on improving infrastructure such as paving roads, building sewage systems and water projects nor should we slow down on improving our # 1 asset- our beaches. Purchasing the rare parcel that is undeveloped and conserving it for future generations is a definite keeper as is preserving our disappearing historical structures.:cool::cool::cool:
you want, but how do you pay?
 
maybe too many are spending too much time parked side by side chatting. Lately, I have seen more and more of that...what do they find to talk about?:idontno:

I constantly see this too and now that I know ticket revenue is down $40K I am REALLY NOT happy! They have RADIOS and PHONES if they need to talk to someone FTLOG!

Less talky, more tickey writey! :wave:

If they need help, I am sure we can come up w/ many violation hotspots for them to get the ticket count back up! The parking tickets for vehicles on the bike path, fire lane at publix, the no parking area in front of Bud & Alleys, anyone who blows a light at the uber dangerous 395/98 interesection, any bicycle that doesn't stop at the Watercolor intersection, fireworks......... heck, we only need 1500 right? ;-)
 
They are probably trying to decide whom to support in the Sheriff's race, the tyrant or one of the challengers.:floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:

That's the one thing you do NOT discuss with your fellow officers. :shock:

Not that deputies should hang out in parking lots for very long; obviously talk turns personal at some point - but they can't hang around the substation to discuss things, they can't hold shift meetings, and they can't run up the Nextel or Southern Linc bill. Mental telepathy doesn't work. :roll:

And if you want to know why the DFSPD officers sit in the median on 331, speed past one of them and you will probably find out. :floor:
 
That's the one thing you do NOT discuss with your fellow officers. :shock:

Not that deputies should hang out in parking lots for very long; obviously talk turns personal at some point - but they can't hang around the substation to discuss things, they can't hold shift meetings, and they can't run up the Nextel or Southern Linc bill. Mental telepathy doesn't work. :roll:

And if you want to know why the DFSPD officers sit in the median on 331, speed past one of them and you will probably find out. :floor:

:clap::funn:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top