• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Crab Cakes

New posts
I've had a ton of crabcakes in Maryland - and yummy they certainly are! but, I truly love Red Bar & 331 crabcakes - they are purely lump crabmeat and delicious - maybe a tad bit of breadcrumb on the outside and pan sauteed - no filler! these are good old Florida crabcakes. can't beat 'em.

I've never seen a maryland crabcake in Florida.
 
Last edited:
Thank you all. I will try them all. :lolabove: I am from PA and I so miss the Maryland Crabs and cakes. Never too much OLD BAY!

Thank you, :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
 
Okay... I am from Baltimore, Maryland and I know my crab cakes. The absolute only place where I found something comparable was Sarah K's Gourmet in Destin. (same place where best buy, cracker barrel are). they are about $8.50 and they are nothing but crab meat. no fillers, no peppers, onions, bread... nothing to take away from the crab meat. BUT I always sprinkle Old Bay (Publix) on them so I feel l like i am home. Trust me, I have been to the fanciest restaurants here and I laugh when they claim " Maryland style crabcakes".

www.sarahksgourmet.com
what holds them together?
 
Here's crab cake blasphemy (my Maryland born mother turns in her grave)- I use the recipe on the side of the Old Bay's can and substitute milk-soaked Pepperidge Farm Dressing for the filler! I broil them in a muffin pan and they pop out nicely formed and crispy.
 
Last edited:
Here's crab cake blasphemy (my Maryland born mother turns in her grave)- I use the recipe on the side of the Old Bay's can and substitute milk-soaked Pepperidge Farm Dressing for the filler! I broil them in a muffin pan and they pop out nicely formed and crispy.
I'm gonna try this recipe! :clap_1: I prefer mine with a little filler too.
 
I am so excited to see this thread as well as the one on Heart and Soul
catering. We are going to try both. But, where is Cafe Tango ?
 
I've had a ton of crabcakes in Maryland - and yummy they certainly are! but, I truly love Red Bar & 331 crabcakes - they are purely lump crabmeat and delicious - maybe a tad bit of breadcrumb on the outside and pan sauteed - no filler! these are good old Florida crabcakes. can't beat 'em.

I've never seen a maryland crabcake in Florida.

My fav as well. I have quit ordering crabcakes anywhere else. Tried them at Tango and wasn't impressed. :idontno:
 
I am so excited to see this thread as well as the one on Heart and Soul
catering. We are going to try both. But, where is Cafe Tango ?

Coming from Seagrove driving towards Destin it is on the left (Very small place) just before Goatfeathers.
This is my favorite place in the area.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top