• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

D&K Cafe Opens November 17th

New posts
Hi Everyone.......I am rushing as fast as I can to finish up three weeks of work in a week! YES...we are opening! :clap_1: For sure on the 17th and 18th for a "soft" opening!!! And then our regular schedule starting the following Tuesday. (Below) I will post more later tonight as I am running out the door right now.

Hours: 5:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday (Closed thanksgiving)

Reservation Highly recommended....Adult Casual Fine Dining
New Orleans Cuisine....Menu and pictures to come

Call 231-0455

Say a prayer opening is the hardest part!!!!
Thank you all for your patience
Kathy :welcome:
Good Luck, Kathy! I know that feeling of just trying to get open - crunch time! LOVE D&Ks and glad to hear you all are opening soon.
 
I was soooo close to being there then!! Will be there for sure in early December!! Can't wait to see and try and enjoy!!!:D GOOD LUCK and have a GREAT OPENING!!!
 
Opening Friday the 17TH....Thanks everyone for your inspiring e-mails!
Kathy ( D&K's: Always a work in progress!)

Open Tuesday-Saturday....closed Thanksgiving
5:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. Reservations Recommended


Very Rough Draft: D&K's Bistro Menu

Starters

Doug's Seafood Gumbo
Seafood Dip with cuts of garlic bread
Oysters Bienville
Crawfish Quesadilla
Stuffed Shrimp wrapped in Bacon over cheese grits
Lump White Crab Salad with Tomatoes and Avocado
Fried Crawfish Salad

Entrees

Stuffed Snapper with Seafood Cream Sauce
Blackened Tuna with Grilled Shrimp and Creme Dill Sauce
Blackened Chicken Louisianne over Spinach Pasta Alfredo
Seafood Pasta ...Shrimp, Crab, and Crawfish over Angel Hair Pasta
Pane ed Soft Shell Crab topped with a light lemon and garlic butter sauce
Cajun Rib Eye topped with sauteed crawfish and crab, with Jalapeno Bearnaise
Blackened Rib Eye topped with herb butter and Fried Oysters
6 oz. Filet Mignon served with Fried Jumbo Shrimp
8 oz. Filet Mignon topped with a medley of 4 different mushrooms sauteed in red wine sauce

All Entrees served with Salad & mini muffin, Sauteed Vegetables, Saffron Rice

Desserts

Bananas Foster Cheesecake drizzled with whiskey sauce
Key Lime Mousse Pie
Praline Pecan Tart with Butter Rum Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream
New Orleans Fudge Pie with Chunky Monkey Ice Cream and Chocolate Grand Marnier Sauce
 
Looks awesome! :drool:
Thanks Kurt!
Oooops I think I said Nov. 17th...I guess it's really Friday the 16th!
That will tell you where my mind is. We are all excited and nervous. Kelly, Cathy (she likes to be called Cate now) and Chris will be our wait staff, of course! We are so lucky to have such a great staff. Bear is back in the kitchen with Doug. (With a few new faces to come.) They have worked right along side us during this long metamorphosis. It is beautiful inside....you'll think you're in New Orleans overlooking the Gulf!!!

Jamie Landreneau and I traveled the streets, shops, and galleries of the Quarter bringing it here to Grayton Beach. While back at the cafe Doug and Kelly worked hard at it painting, hammering, sanding, sawing, and so much more! Cate's run errands, cleaned, cleaned and cleaned again after all the mess that's been made. Chris has been back for a week with us working non stop to make everything just right.


Doug, Jamie and myself all have roots in New Orleans. So we've now gone full circle!

Got to run.....:clap_1: Yeeeeeaaaaa! We're almost there!!!!

Kathy
 
Thanks Kurt!
Oooops I think I said Nov. 17th...I guess it's really Friday the 16th!
That will tell you where my mind is. We are all excited and nervous. Kelly, Cathy (she likes to be called Cate now) and Chris will be our wait staff, of course! We are so lucky to have such a great staff. Bear is back in the kitchen with Doug. (With a few new faces to come.) They have worked right along side us during this long metamorphosis. It is beautiful inside....you'll think you're in New Orleans overlooking the Gulf!!!

Jamie Landreneau and I traveled the streets, shops, and galleries of the Quarter bringing it here to Grayton Beach. While back at the cafe Doug and Kelly worked hard at it painting, hammering, sanding, sawing, and so much more! Cate's run errands, cleaned, cleaned and cleaned again after all the mess that's been made. Chris has been back for a week with us working non stop to make everything just right.


Doug, Jamie and myself all have roots in New Orleans. So we've now gone full circle!

Got to run.....:clap_1: Yeeeeeaaaaa! We're almost there!!!!

Kathy

The menu looks awesome and is making me very hungry. I wish for you a wonderful grand re-opening!!!! Congratulations!
 
I had really been wanting to see the menu, and now that I have seen it, I wish I wouldn't have because now I am really hungry to try so many thing on it. It looks delcious!:wub: I wish you guys much success!
 
I had really been wanting to see the menu, and now that I have seen it, I wish I wouldn't have because now I am really hungry to try so many thing on it. It looks delcious!:wub: I wish you guys much success!

:wub: THANKS SO MUCH! AS WE (THE STAFF) ALL SAT AROUND A TABLE GOING OVER THE MENU IT WAS TORTURE. WE WERE ALL SO HUNGRY!!!!! IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE DOUG AND I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET BACK TO OUR SPECIALTIES. FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT WE WILL DO MOST OF THE MENU...MAYBE ONE LESS DESSERT AND ONE LESS APP AND ENTREE. IT WILL BE TRIAL BY FIRE THESE NEXT WEEKS.

I HOPE EVERYONE WILL REALIZE THAT IT IS GOING TO TAKE US A LITTLE WHILE TO FEEL SURE EVERYTHING IS GOING SMOOTHLY IN THE KITCHEN AND OUT ON THE FLOOR. I DON'T KNOW IF:idontno: YOU CAN EVER FEEL SURE ABOUT ANYTHING:idontno: BUT WE'LL TRY.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ALL OF US. :blush: :roll: :blink: :D ...KATHY
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top