In am not commenting directly on why Danny never promoted (because I don't know) but I would like to add insight to the reality of how the Great State of Florida conducts business. Law enforcement promotions at the State level are not always based on performance or even qualifications. I have witnessed incredibly qualified individuals passed over for an applicant with little or no experience, education or training. Most agencies are able to do this under the cloak of " for the good of the agency." Simply stated, that means the friend/offspring/contributor/polictical party toadie has a better than average chance to not only promote, but advance through the system. You can either adapt to this reality, fight the system, or resign yourself to doing the best you can. Ignoring the political crap that permeates law enforcement allows you to go home each day with your pride and dignity intact. That's all I've got to say about that.
