• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Daylight hours

New posts
Smiling JOe said:
I have to begin cooking dinner just before 4:00pm in order to do so. :bang: Makes me feel as though I am a part of an Early Bird Special group.:(
Then you should be getting your dinner at a discounted price! :D
 
Landlocked said:
I heard something not long ago about the gubment doing away with the whole time change thing. Not sure if it was true. I'm sure there are some people out there who would be hurt by it though (in the pocket book).

They are not doing away with it completely. Beginning next year, Daylight Savings Time will be extended 30 days, so it will end in Nov instead of Oct. I think three states currently do not recognize Daylight Savings (isn't Indiana one of those?). I wish they would keep Daylight Savings at least until Feb to get me throught those winter time blues when I want to go to sleep at 4:30pm.
 
peapod1980 said:
Then you should be getting your dinner at a discounted price! :D
I cook at home, mostly. Even if I did go out to eat, many restaurants do not open for even the Early Birds until 5pm:bang:.
 
Smiling JOe said:
They are not doing away with it completely. Beginning next year, Daylight Savings Time will be extended 30 days, so it will end in Nov instead of Oct. I think three states currently do not recognize Daylight Savings (isn't Indiana one of those?). I wish they would keep Daylight Savings at least until Feb to get me throught those winter time blues when I want to go to sleep at 4:30pm.

Well that's better than nothing I guess.
 
Smiling JOe said:
They are not doing away with it completely. Beginning next year, Daylight Savings Time will be extended 30 days, so it will end in Nov instead of Oct. I think three states currently do not recognize Daylight Savings (isn't Indiana one of those?). I wish they would keep Daylight Savings at least until Feb to get me throught those winter time blues when I want to go to sleep at 4:30pm.


Yes, SJ, Indiana is one of those states that doesn't do Daylight Savings. There's a big move to get us towards it, but they're arguing (forever) in the statehouse about whether Indiana should align itself with Central or Eastern time. It may never resolve itself at the rate we're going. :bang:
 
audie said:
i hate to rain on anyone's parade, but this is my favorite time of year in this respect. i love to go in to work when it is dark ( 6pm) and come home when it's dark (6 am). excellent sleeping weather for us night owls and 3rd shifters. :D

While I dislike the cold winter weather, I do like the aspect of it being dark early because it slows life down. When it is dark early, I do not work as much. Just a lazier life.
 
iwishiwasthere said:
While I dislike the cold winter weather, I do like the aspect of it being dark early because it slows life down. When it is dark early, I do not work as much. Just a lazier life.

I agree with you completely. God's way of saying "SLOW DOWN."
 
I'm so thankful I found this board- and I'm sure it is going to help me get through February....then March .... I've reached my limit of cold and gray by the time March rolls around.
 
Hi All!

I'm generally a "lurker" on here but had to chime in about Daylight Saving Time in Indiana. (HI Mermaid!!!!!) I'm quite proud to say my husband is the Indiana state legislator who spearheaded and fought to the bitter end to get DST passed in Indiana last year (he was even quoted in Newsweek!!!). It will go into effect in 2006.

The battle currently being fought is Central time vs. Eastern time. In reality, with the exception of a few counties in the NW part of the state, we Hoosiers will observe Eastern time.

And thank goodness. When I was down over Thanksgiving week, I'd walked on the beach, shopped, relaxed, painted pottery in Seaside, goofed around, etc. and it had been dark outside for quite some time. I thought I'd get ready to go to bed until I realized it was ONLY 5:42 pm.!!!!!

I'd hate to live with Central time in the winter.
 
wallymom said:
Hi All!

I'm generally a "lurker" on here but had to chime in about Daylight Saving Time in Indiana. (HI Mermaid!!!!!) I'm quite proud to say my husband is the Indiana state legislator who spearheaded and fought to the bitter end to get DST passed in Indiana last year (he was even quoted in Newsweek!!!). It will go into effect in 2006.

The battle currently being fought is Central time vs. Eastern time. In reality, with the exception of a few counties in the NW part of the state, we Hoosiers will observe Eastern time.

And thank goodness. When I was down over Thanksgiving week, I'd walked on the beach, shopped, relaxed, painted pottery in Seaside, goofed around, etc. and it had been dark outside for quite some time. I thought I'd get ready to go to bed until I realized it was ONLY 5:42 pm.!!!!!

I'd hate to live with Central time in the winter.

Your husband is obviously an intelligent person unlike the fool who came up with the idea of moving the hands on clocks for no apparent reason.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top