• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Debate Analysis and Opinions

New posts
WHAT? Someone is qualified for a job because they audition for it a really long time and talk like they know what they are doing?:funn: I announce today that I am applying to be a brain surgeon; give me a couple of years to get the verbage down and then let me cut on your head.:floor::floor::floor:Makes about as much sense as the "Obama is qualified because he started running three years ago" garbage.:bang:

Short answer is Obama has been vetted by the people, Palin hasn't. The only thing Palin has going for her is a strong sense of denial in the eyes of her base which seems to be showing no signs of growth and more likely a decline. As it stands now, the only tools in the McCain/Palin arsenal are fear, smear, and sneer.
 
Last edited:
WHAT? Someone is qualified for a job because they audition for it a really long time and talk like they know what they are doing?:funn: I announce today that I am applying to be a brain surgeon; give me a couple of years to get the verbage down and then let me cut on your head.:floor::floor::floor:Makes about as much sense as the "Obama is qualified because he started running three years ago" garbage.:bang:
Might I suggest that your first patient be you?:funn: And skip the couple of years to learn the verbiage as you won't have to sell yourself on your abilities as hard as you would other folks:rolling:. "A brain surgeon who operates on himself has a ...:rofl:....". I took a few liberties.
 
Last edited:
I think what you say is true that the far-left ideologues absolutely hate her on every conceivable level, but that's to be expected and it's not the whole story. A sizable number of ordinary citizens feel the way you do about her lack of experience, but also despise her personality, and in their minds, rightfully so. I've met people like her, I've had the misfortune of having to work with people like her, and I avoid people like her. It's her cutting sneering personality that puts me off. I simply don't trust her, particularly in situations in which she is out of her league. It's been my experience that unqualified people with her personality type will resort to all kinds of evasive and cutthroat tactics in order to move ahead and give the appearance of acceptable performance. Assuming for the sake of argument that my assessment of her is accurate, what's not to hate?:idontno: Like others, she makes me long for Hillary, and I was not a fan of her's at all. It's one thing when someone like her is head of sales for a printer company, but when she's running our country???:yikes:

I, too, had the displeasure of working for someone like her once...for two months. After six months, the Republican Governor who appointed both of us, asked her to leave. It took him over a year to clean up the mess she made!

But, she smiled every day of those six months...while she destroyed an agency and many of the people in it...that was over 20 years ago, and the pension plan that the agency administered still shows signs of her disasterous decisionmaking.

I am thankful every day that I had the intuition to leave when I did.
 
WHAT? Someone is qualified for a job because they audition for it a really long time and talk like they know what they are doing?:funn: I announce today that I am applying to be a brain surgeon; give me a couple of years to get the verbage down and then let me cut on your head.:floor::floor::floor:Makes about as much sense as the "Obama is qualified because he started running three years ago" garbage.:bang:

your analogy is way off. just does not work.

Obama went into this race as a politician from the state and national level and pursued his interest in being president. yes, its been a long interview. and he's worked very hard to articulate to every american why he's prepared. He has spoken in every kind of format imaginable to let you get to know his leadership and other qualifications. He does not crumble under the pressure and he represents the interests of all americans, not just a certain segment.
 
I don't know that much about her other than she spent time in community colleges, beauty pageants, as a mayor then won the governor's spot in Alaska. How did she ascend so quickly? I have a hard time believing it was strictly serendipity and nice legs. If I am wrong, please let me know how.
I know she is absolutely hated by the left's intelligensia who think Kennedy School of Government types are the only acceptable candidates for high office.
I don't think she is an acceptable candidate for VEEP, but it has nothing to do with permanent cosmetics, her accent, her figure, her lack of an Ivy League education or a pregnant daughter. It has to do with her CV;it is too thin to be second in command with a president McCain's age. Pure and simple.
For whatever reason she has sparked hatred that I am glad I don't feel the need to become bogged-down in.


I don't see hatred toward Palin. Not at all. But, I do see extremely concerned citizens, including many republicans, who fear what is happening to america that a person such as Palin can be even considered much less put on a presidential ticket. We do fear the possibilities that come with that pick. and we should.
 
You left wing nuts are unbelievable. You claim to have worked with "people like her," always speaking of women who "smiled" and "ran departments into the ground." I do not claim to know hers, John McCain's, Joe Biden's, or Barack Obama's. Most of the time they are speaking it is completely scripted, stump speeches. When they have TV interviews, they are only allowed to be seen as the interviewer wants them to be seen (see John McCain on The View vs. Barack Obama on The View). How can you possibly know Sarah Palin's personality or her temperment? .

I have worked with people who I don't care for and have seen make ill-informed decisions that had negative consequences for many, but I can't say they were like any public figure that I don't care for.
 
Did the name calling make you feel better? Are we not allowed to have a different perspective than you? I have voted republican since Ford and this is the first time I will vote Democrat for President and Gov. Palin concerns me.
 
I don't see hatred toward Palin. Not at all. But, I do see extremely concerned citizens, including many republicans, who fear what is happening to america that a person such as Palin can be even considered much less put on a presidential ticket. We do fear the possibilities that come with that pick. and we should.

Oh, come on. The woman is hated. You might not like to believe the folks you are in political allegiance with are capable of such, but come on. If you doubt there is hate, and I mean hate directed toward the woman, cruise on over to dailykos or wonkette, two Punzey faves. Or, save the keystrokes and look around the political thread.

I guess I am not so bitter because I have never been at a workplace where a beauty pageant alumna outworked me. She isn't qualified to be the veep, but I don't hate the lady.
 
Oh, come on. The woman is hated. You might not like to believe the folks you are in political allegiance with are capable of such, but come on. If you doubt there is hate, and I mean hate directed toward the woman, cruise on over to dailykos or wonkette, two Punzey faves. Or, save the keystrokes and look around the political thread.

I guess I am not so bitter because I have never been at a workplace where a beauty pageant alumna outworked me. She isn't qualified to be the veep, but I don't hate the lady.

Hate is a pretty strong word. That said, I would agree that on the love/hate continuum that Palin seems to veer pretty far on either side depending on who you're talking to...

I personally agree with Skunky's sentiments that she isn't qualified to be veep and like him I don't hate her for it. In fact, lately I have removed all negative emotions from my following of the presidential race (or at least am trying my best to do so). I gotta tell you guys- it sure has been much better taking this approach. I feel like Bob Costas analyzing the moves by the players and appreciating both sides' strategic moves and blunders...

I had a chat with my bro in law last night about Palin. He is a great guy and we see eye to eye on most things except politics. He leans right and I lean left. Anyway, he was telling me that Palin came into office in Alaska, took on the oil companies and ended up sending every taxpayer a check for $3000 (I haven't checked his facts but am giving him the benefit of the doubt so I may better understand where he is coming from in his support of her). He was describing for me ways she is different and how we need this. While we still disagree, it really helped me to hear what is behind his beliefs. And it is entertaining to me (and ironic) that we are both voting for 2 different tickets based on change.

:lol:

Rambling...

In summary, I know we are passionate but we would all get so much more out of this exchange of ideas if we could leave the namecalling out, chill on the negativity/slams against the ticket we least prefer- and instead do more of "here is why I prefer my candidate..."

:idontno:

Thx for everyone participating in this thread!

Cheers, G
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top