• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Debate Analysis and Opinions

New posts
Skunky, I think most people who hate Palin do so in the same manner you hate herbals. The best comparison I could make. ;-)

Do you mean hate herbalists or herbs? I hate neither. I send people to For the Health of It frequently to seek out advice on natural and herbal remedies. And less than 48 hours ago I advised a lady to try black kohosh for menopausal symptoms. wheres the hate?:idontno:
 
It works both ways I guess. From CBS News online:



:blink:

Story continues ...


In my dictionary, help is: to contribute to in some way; to further; to promote.
I think support would follow along those lines.

But, if you are in disagreement with her stands, that is your right. You don't have to support her. This is not directed at anyone person. There are many who do support her, just as there are many who do not. It is wonderful to have the right to vote how you believe and be passionate about it, if that is how you feel.
 
I don't dislike Palin as a person, but I disagree with her on absolutely everything and think she is supremely unqualified to be our VP.

Seriously, name the issue and we are on opposite sides of it. She even loves Walmart (my sworn enemy) and officiated a wedding there FTLOG!
 
Do you mean hate herbalists or herbs? I hate neither. I send people to For the Health of It frequently to seek out advice on natural and herbal remedies. And less than 48 hours ago I advised a lady to try black kohosh for menopausal symptoms. wheres the hate?:idontno:

:clap:Black Kohosh? Can one smoke that? :biggrin:
 
In my dictionary, help is: to contribute to in some way; to further; to promote.
I think support would follow along those lines.

But, if you are in disagreement with her stands, that is your right. You don't have to support her. This is not directed at anyone person. There are many who do support her, just as there are many who do not. It is wonderful to have the right to vote how you believe and be passionate about it, if that is how you feel.

Supermom, I agree with what you say, but that doesn't seem to be where Palin was going by using the misquote. --- ?There?s a place in Hell reserved for women who don?t support other women.?

Juxtapose your statement - "It is wonderful to have the right to vote how you believe and be passionate about it, if that is how you feel." ..with ..?There?s a place in Hell reserved for women who don?t support other women.?..


.
 
Supermom, I agree with what you say, but that doesn't seem to be where Palin was going by using the misquote. --- ?There?s a place in Hell reserved for women who don?t support other women.?

Juxtapose your statement - "It is wonderful to have the right to vote how you believe and be passionate about it, if that is how you feel." ..with ..?There?s a place in Hell reserved for women who don?t support other women.?..

.

Exactly Rita. At a rally, support=vote. Your statement, supermom, does not sound to me anything like her statement. You are much too nice for that. It's the us-vs.-them (voters vs. voters, not pol vs. pol) mentality that I find so distasteful, not the stance on issues. There are a lot of issues in this election where it is not at all clear to me which is the best way to help our country right now. It's why I was undecided for so long, and why many others are undecided.
 
I'm ok with Palin telling me I am going straight to Hell for not supporting her. Just make sure some of that Black Kohash is there for menopause.
 
I just watched Meet the Press...and Peggy Noonan (Wall St Journal, former speechwriter to Reagan) had some very "on point" comments to make about Gov Palin and the campaign in general.

For anyone who's interested in a serious comment; I think what she said is revealing and important .
 
Not all women (or men) supported the right to vote for women either. But, it took dang courage for the women (and men) who took a stand. For the women who did, there were many who couldn't or who were afraid to speak up. I think Palin is a brave woman, a woman who is not afraid of serving for her country in whatever capacity, whether the Governor or the VP. I don't agree with her on some issues but I didn't agree on some of Hillary's either and I supported her. I have not underestimated her capabilities as many have. I am going to hear her speak in Pensacola - I want to hear what she has to say.
 
I just watched Meet the Press...and Peggy Noonan (Wall St Journal, former speechwriter to Reagan) had some very "on point" comments to make about Gov Palin and the campaign in general.

For anyone who's interested in a serious comment; I think what she said is revealing and important .

.
I also watched with interest. Here's a link to some of her comments for those who might be interested:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/05/noonan-says-palins-type-o_n_132003.html
.
"She is a natural," said Noonan, "But I will tell you, I feel increased concern about... what she thinks of as populism, as her populist approach. There are two ways, you know, her stuff about, 'I'm main street, you are the elite, I'm Joe six-pack.' She actually says 'I'm the Joe six-pack candidate.' This has me thinking, gosh, would Lincoln say 'I represent the backwoods type?' Would FDR say, 'the New York aristocracy deserves another moment in the sun, vote for me?' There's something weird about it. But there is also something, for me, concerning. Populism as a tactic is justified often in politics. 'I need this program, the people want it.' Populism as a strategy, 'we're the good guys, you're the bad guys,' is not good. And if that's the road they are going, that's not a good road to be on. It is not helpful to the country."



.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top