• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Destin area

New posts

sbranson

Beach Crab
Looking for good food in the Destin area. We like it all, seafood, steaks. We are not wanting fast food places, just good quality food.
In the area for 3 months, so we need good choices.
Thanks.
 
Looking for good food in the Destin area. We like it all, seafood, steaks. We are not wanting fast food places, just good quality food.
In the area for 3 months, so we need good choices.
Thanks.

:welcome:
Where will you be staying? Try to narrow this question down by price and location and you will get lots of help!
 
Callahans Restaurant/ Gulf Shore Drive
Excellant for lunch or dinner
 
Louisiana Lagniappe in Sandpiper Cove. Also, Acme's in Baytowne Wharf. They're actually famous for their oysters. The chargrilled are amazing.
 
Louisiana Lagniappe in Sandpiper Cove. Also, Acme's in Baytowne Wharf. They're actually famous for their oysters. The chargrilled are amazing.

Scooter, is this THE ACME? I didn't know they opened in Baytowne. The chargrilled oysters are wonderful:clap_1:
 
I just don't get the Callahan's love. Zingerman's in Ann Arbor spoiled me, I guess, for that kind of food.

Keep an eye on Dewey Destin's- they're closing for a winter break, but will open up some time in early 2007. A real shack on the bay with great food.

Nick's on the Bayou (take the Mid Bay Bridge, go east on Hwy 20 to Basin Bayou) reopens after Christmas. Well worth the drive for the seafood, and it's one of those Old Florida places where the developers gather to plot out New Florida. You can watch the owners' chickens wander around out back while listening to a $500 million land deal plan the next table over.

I'd substitute Kenny D's for Louisiana Laginappe on the list. Kenny and Miss Gracie are the real deal, and I'm not fond of the LL's ownership group.

Royal Orchid for Thai, and Osaka for Japanese. There is no great Chinese in the area.

I like Ciao Bella for pizza.
 
Yes it's THE ACME. Dewey Destin has the freshest fried shrimp. Kenny D's was probably the worst place I've ever eaten in Destin with Pompano Joe's running a close second. The service is really lousy at both. Louisiana Lagniappe has amazing fish dishes with crabmeat, etc. topping. Their salad is fabulous.:clap_1:
 
I second Dewey Destin's. :drool:

But if we can't make it quite that far west, we are pretty fond of Landry's.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top