• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Did you vote?

New posts
Not that it really matters, but Duncan Hunter didn't receive 20% of the vote. He received 12 votes for .15% in Walton Co. Thanks for reporting in on the WalCo results.

Tomorrow I will get the demographic breakdowns. Always really interesting to see who took the time to go to the polls. Looks like the sowal precincts have picked up considerably. I wonder how many people voted today thinking that they actually elected a President?
 
I did not vote to elect a president- but the best person I feel is fit and capable to fill the job requirements...
 
WaltonGOP, interesting that you ask about the number of people thinking they were electing a President today. I was wondering how many people still voted for candidates who have already dropped out of the race, like Thompson. I see that the candidates who dropped out received a few votes, and I'm sure that many came from absentee and early voting, but I'm still wondering. I hear they remained on the ballots.
 
WaltonGOP, interesting that you ask about the number of people thinking they were electing a President today. I was wondering how many people still voted for candidates who have already dropped out of the race, like Thompson. I see that the candidates who dropped out received a few votes, and I'm sure that many came from absentee and early voting, but I'm still wondering. I hear they remained on the ballots.


Looks like Thompson got 34 today.
 
:floor: I knew it! Do you think it was ignorance or principle?


The stories I heard today I imagine the former. Democrats trying to vote Republican because the media said their votes did not count. People showing up to vote, yet they never registered to vote, and could not understand. And then there were the ones that had no idea what a closed primary election means. Not to mention those that just discovered today that we were having an election.....today. People are so disengaged. The west coast could get invaded and many would not realize it until the address of where to send their taxes changed.
 
Walton
CandidateVotes% of votes
Hillary Clinton 1,567 40%
John Edwards 1,088 28%
Barack Obama 1,021 26%
Dennis Kucinich 37 1%
94% of precincts reporting


Walton
CandidateVotes% of votes
John McCain 2,928 35%
Mitt Romney 2,291 28%
Mike Huckabee 1,795 22%
Rudy Giuliani 700 8%
Ron Paul 445 5%
Fred Thompson 80 1%
Duncan Hunter 1 <1%
94% of precincts reporting

Whoa, Walton really is a Repub. stronghold--uh duh! :D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top