• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

DirecTV Subscribers- Local Channels?

New posts
You're not going to get the local channels via DirecTV. They have never offered them and probably never will. If you really need them, your only real option is to get a digital TV antenna / receiver, and hook it all to an A/B switch so you can bounce between satellite and local. You can get all of the network feeds on DirecTV way up in the channels, but if it's trully local, you may be outta luck.
 
I think they will eventually offer the Panama City locals if they can reach contract terms with the stations. They already carry not only Dothan but also Albany, GA, and Albany's one of the wee-est tv markets in the country.
 
Change to Dish. It is so much easier to get locals in HD. There boxes are way better as well. PIP, dual tuners, great DVR, etc.
 
Last edited:
Change to Dish. It is so much easier to get locals in HD. There boxes are way better as well. PIP, dual tuners, great DVR, etc.


NE, are you able to get CBS with Dish? If so, where is the station from?
 
To get cbs with dish, and if you have a dvr, got to wal-mart, get the $30.00 antenna, plug into the back of the dvr, and cbs will come in
 
To get cbs with dish, and if you have a dvr, got to wal-mart, get the $30.00 antenna, plug into the back of the dvr, and cbs will come in

I have em thinking I still live in Atlanta. Its kinda ;ike I still live in GA. I get all of the local Atlanta Channels (including CBS and the UGA Pregame/Postgame shows). I watch the Atlanta news (gangs, traffic, crime, corruption) and it reaffirms my decision to move hear 7 years ago.
 
I have em thinking I still live in Atlanta. Its kinda ;ike I still live in GA. I get all of the local Atlanta Channels (including CBS and the UGA Pregame/Postgame shows). I watch the Atlanta news (gangs, traffic, crime, corruption) and it reaffirms my decision to move hear 7 years ago.

When you stop watching that crap, you'll be a local. ;-)
 
To get cbs with dish, and if you have a dvr, got to wal-mart, get the $30.00 antenna, plug into the back of the dvr, and cbs will come in

I would like to get this antenna. Can you tell me specifically what to ask for-my experience with getting the right electronic gadget is not too good--and my experience with getting any help from the Walmart electronics section is even worse! Thanks.
 
I have em thinking I still live in Atlanta. Its kinda ;ike I still live in GA. I get all of the local Atlanta Channels (including CBS and the UGA Pregame/Postgame shows). I watch the Atlanta news (gangs, traffic, crime, corruption) and it reaffirms my decision to move hear 7 years ago.

I've often wondered about that. I have an extra box because I bought a DVR / receiver. I wonder if I buy an antenna and take the box down to the SRB house if my programming will be just like Atlanta?
 
Change to Dish. It is so much easier to get locals in HD. There boxes are way better as well. PIP, dual tuners, great DVR, etc.


...but they don't have the Sunday Ticket,,,:biggrin:

So I found a little more out from both Dtv and the FCC. If you live in an area where they don't provide locals (here) AND you pay to have someone come out and do an antenna test AND the reception is no good w/ the antenna THEN you will be granted a waiver from the local stations and be able to have the distant locals fed to you....of course, I have already applied for the waiver and they may grant it, but it seems from what Im hearing that this is not likely...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top