• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Driving On The Beach

New posts
You'd be amazed at the number of people who say they bought/live here only because they could take their dogs to the beach. :roll:

I had a beach dog tag once (actually, it was Daisy's) and I had a beach driving permit once. Perhaps if Fuzz had been the one driving and/or walking the lab, things would have turned out better. :funn:
 
lol..not quite...after the third time I got stuck :blush: and had to walk up to my uncle's house to get him to pull me out, he gently suggested that if I want to ride on the sand, to stop at his house first and he would take me. :roll: I no longer have a 4WD, so it's no longer an issue.

And if you can picture a large woman "skiing" down the beach being towed by a large, hyper Labrador Retriever, you can probably figure out the rest of the dog walking episode... :sick: :cuss:
 
Walton County rules requiring property ownership to access a public beach are unconstitutional pure and simple. The same for the rules for dog permits. You can not make residency a requirement in your county to access public facilities. You could justify some sort of cost differential but otherwise you are ignoring the 14th amendment. Now trying to find someone to do something about it is another story in itself.

I don't understand why it is unconstitutional. You have to live in a school district to use the public schools, why not to use a public beach in a special way?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top