scooterbug44
SoWal Expert
Depending on your needs, having a dial-up as back up may be worth that $10 or less a month. 


Really strange but I fix a lot of internet access problems with Embarq by power cycling the modem.
You know, with both of them down at the same time, it makes you wonder what resources they are sharing. I know Mediacom comes into your house via the cable and Embarq via the phone, but it would appear that somewhere not very far upstream they are sharing resources.
We had internet all weekend in Old Pt. Washington, however I cannot get them to setup my long distance service. I am on hold right now with them, holding for 15 minutes now. Apparently they are switching over to some new long distance thing. We moved two weeks ago and still have no long distance. Everytime I call I get passed from service to sales to repair and back again.
Now they are telling me that it will be three more days. Maybe Friday.