Beachlover2
Beach Fanatic
I was walking along Miramar Beach this am and saw a TDC guy picking up a tent (There were many tents in the area and this was at 7 am) I gave him a hand and asked if he was picking them all up - because I would stay around to help. He replied that no they were just picking up the ones that had been abandoned after Memorial Day weekend and that they were still deciding how to handle the situation. When I mentioned selling the new chairs and umbrellas and toys he had in the back of the truck (it was jammed pack) he said they felt that sent a mixed message. You confiscate it and then you sell it. I really think he has a thankless job. People like me complaining he isn't picking up enough - however so nicely I tried to do it - and other people complaining he is taking their stuff. I was thinking of running off copies of the Remove it or Lose It article and taping them to the tents etc. - But maybe my paper will just become more litter on the beach.

