• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Eye Doctor?????

New posts

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Who is a good, fair opto...optho....opthi....EYE DOCTOR?

I need new glasses and my daughter needs to get her eyes checked too.
I hate going to the docs who insist on using all their new fangled machines and cameras and 85,000 frames so they can bill the insurance $1000. Just need someone to say, yep you are getting older and you need a stronger rx, here it is go get some new lenses put in those frames you got.

(I would rather save the cash for new sunglasses!!!)
 
I just used a Dr. Hemmig in Bluewater Bay and was very pleased withhim and his staff! 897-2020 is their phone number. Hope that helps!
 
Highly recommend Dr. Priscilla Fowler; her office is in the Bank Trust Bldg by Sacred Heart Hospital, 6220757. She is terrific!
 
I go to Dr. Sparks in the Destin Wal-mart, but there is supposedly a good new eye doc near Sacred Heart.

I go to Houston Sparks also. I believe a regular contact appointment runs $100. He is very good.
 
Who is a good, fair opto...optho....opthi....EYE DOCTOR?

I need new glasses and my daughter needs to get her eyes checked too.
I hate going to the docs who insist on using all their new fangled machines and cameras and 85,000 frames so they can bill the insurance $1000. Just need someone to say, yep you are getting older and you need a stronger rx, here it is go get some new lenses put in those frames you got.

(I would rather save the cash for new sunglasses!!!)

I go to Dr. Sparks also but my toddler has seen Dr. Fowler and my mother has worked with her in surgery on several instances. She is highly recommended.
 
Any recs for an eye doc that's got a good background working with severe myopia and rigid gas permeable lenses? Apparently my vision issues are some sort of niche market deal.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top