• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fat crabs

New posts
We just boiled a mess of blue crabs straight outta the bay. I mean, 10 minutes from trap to boiling pot. Talk about good; so fat and sweet! :drool: Also threw some shrimp, red potatoes, mushrooms, onion, JDarg banana peppers and a head of garlic into the boil (used Zatarains crab boil).
We will have to do this at the Wash-A-Way!!!!! PULEEEEESE!!!!
 
yummy! crabs are the best!

don't know why, but I do not like the crabs out of Western Lake. I do like 'em right out of the bay!
Maybe Western Lake isn't salty enough to give the crabs phresh flavor. :idontno: The salinity is really low, low enough that the alligators are liking it very well.
 
Humor an inland person: how do you catch crabs on a "string"? :idontno:

tie your string to a chicen neck (heard of the term, "long-neckers?") and lower it to the bottom. Watch for the crab to come and start eating on it. pull up string and hold it over net or bucket and drop the crab in. No one said that crabs were smart. ;-)
 
:nono1: Zzzzip! Zzzzzip! Zipit!

Yes, you have to hear my giant gator head story. It was as big as JohnR's bus. No lie. I ain't kidding. Could have eaten a horse.:roll:

Really, it was pretty durn big. Anr the next day, some guy was flyfishing and standing in the water about 20 from where I saw the gigantic gator!
 
Last edited:
Really, it was pretty durn big. Anr the next day, some guy was flyfishing and standing in the water about 20 from where I saw the gigantic gator!

Well, I didn't need that leg anyways............

And does this story tie in with Mrs.Hop's Loch Oyster Lake Monster story?
 
Well, I didn't need that leg anyways............

And does this story tie in with Mrs.Hop's Loch Oyster Lake Monster story?

Her gigantic creature looks more like a serpent- this was clearly a gator- looked like the big one in Peter Pan!! I could hear him ticking.:yikes:
 
Last edited:
We'll be in Grayton Saturday. Would love to go crabbing on the bay. Skunkape - Do you use chicken necks and a crab net? Where can we crab on the bay? Yummy - blue crabs and cocktail sauce.:clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top