• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Favorite restaurants

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Donna said:
Best meal for the buck is Borago's in Upper Grayton Plaza. Yum, yum! :clap_1:

Great martinis, too!
 
Donna said:
Some of the dishes at Great Southern are spectacular, like the tomato salad and the creamy grits with shrimp. Don't order the steak, if you're simply tired of fish. It should be removed from the menu.

Best meal for the buck is Borago's in Upper Grayton Plaza. Yum, yum! :clap_1:
I agree with everything you said.

I think I'll dine at Borago Saturday night as my Mother's Day treat. Mom doesn't want to come to the beach with us (says it's too far to go for a weekend :idontno: ), daughter doesn't want to be away from her boyfriend :( , so the man who made me a mother (:funn:) is going to treat me to a weekend at the beach.
 
Beach Runner said:
I agree with everything you said.

I think I'll dine at Borago Saturday night as my Mother's Day treat. Mom doesn't want to come to the beach with us (says it's too far to go for a weekend :idontno: ), daughter doesn't want to be away from her boyfriend :( , so the man who made me a mother (:funn:) is going to treat me to a weekend at the beach.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful Mothers Day!! Now you know you will!!!:clap_1:
 
No Borago - my daughter wanted to cook for me tonight. It was excellent. Her bruschetta and pasta with shrimp/broccoli/garlic/pine nuts/lemon juice.

We got into town late last night and were too lazy to go out. So we got Bruno's. The pizza crust tasted like Bisquick, and the cheese was awful with the consistency of fat-free cheese. And remember in the old days when they had big chunks of veggies and meat on the pizzas? Everything was chopped up into little pieces. And the salad was mostly rotten-looking pieces of dark stuff - gross.

Have they changed owners? Not the same pizza we had a few weeks ago.
 
Beach Runner said:
No Borago - my daughter wanted to cook for me tonight. It was excellent. Her bruschetta and pasta with shrimp/broccoli/garlic/pine nuts/lemon juice. QUOTE]

Happy Mother's Day! Your daughter came down after all!!!
 
jdarg said:
Beach Runner said:
No Borago - my daughter wanted to cook for me tonight. It was excellent. Her bruschetta and pasta with shrimp/broccoli/garlic/pine nuts/lemon juice. QUOTE]

Happy Mother's Day! Your daughter came down after all!!!
Yes! I was so happy that she did.

Have a great Mother's Day!
 
Sandcastle said:
I heard a lot of good things about DEWEY DESTIN from some locals. We have to try it. I just hate to fight the traffic to get there :idontno: .
We've been there - really enjoyed it and would recommend it.

Caution: it's deep in that 'forbidden zone' West of 30-A where many SoWalers dare not go! :rolling:

:floor:

:funn:

:rofl:
 
kurt said:
I know quite a few people that should have been invited. :roll: :lol:

I don't know that I was even invited. Thank you very much.
 
Beach Runner said:
No Borago - my daughter wanted to cook for me tonight. It was excellent. Her bruschetta and pasta with shrimp/broccoli/garlic/pine nuts/lemon juice.

We got into town late last night and were too lazy to go out. So we got Bruno's. The pizza crust tasted like Bisquick, and the cheese was awful with the consistency of fat-free cheese. And remember in the old days when they had big chunks of veggies and meat on the pizzas? Everything was chopped up into little pieces. And the salad was mostly rotten-looking pieces of dark stuff - gross.

Have they changed owners? Not the same pizza we had a few weeks ago.
Victor- who pretty much ran the place went to Fat Daddy's. All kidding aside, that could have something to do with it.
 
Kimmifunn said:
Victor- who pretty much ran the place went to Fat Daddy's. All kidding aside, that could have something to do with it.
Really! So we weren't imagining things. The pizza tasted and looked different. Thanks for the info.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top