• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fine Dining Recommendations

New posts
Enzo's?...the same place that can not get their spelling correct on any of their advertisements? i.e. Valentines Blast/Post... Oh...and when they, supposedly, buy from SAM's Club or the like... that is supposed to up the wow factor?!?! And not just dry goods but "food"?! No Thanks!!! I will go with most of the other places rec'd here!!

Where are you getting the Sam's club info? Looks like the same sysco truck that frequents many if not all of our restaurants.
 
Borago? Why change perfection? :idontno:
I'll have to say that even though we love Borago, we eat there so much (once or twice a month) that it would be nice for a little change, like maybe a chef's special on the weekend menu for something different. Or maybe I could try the a couple of items on the menu I haven't had. When I was there a few weeks ago, the couple next to me ordered the pork and told me it's so wonderful that that's all they ever order when the go there.
 
Try FIRE. We ate there twice last week when we were vacationing in the area. Delicious food, good wine menu and great service. FIRE is one block north of 30A on Route 283 in Grayton.
 
I recommend Vintij, also - it is a wonderful, cozy atmosphere inside, the food is imaginative and tasty (and plentiful - I get a little tired of getting a dab of this and a dab of that at some places), they have sushi (which is excellent) on Friday and Saturday, the wait staff is excellent, and (of course) the wine choices are magnificent.

At least drop by there for wine and appetizers - I bet you stay for dinner.
 
Is Borago really "fine dining'? I guess I need to know how the original poster defines that as, IMO, there aren't many fine dining establishments around.

My definition is: you have to "dress" for dinner (you would never think to wear flip flops, shorts, t-shirts or jeans); the menu is innovative and changes often, and includes a daily Chef's special or special Chef's menu - prices are on the high end because the Chef, who is highly trained, uses the best available ingredients - it's the kind of things you wouldn't know where to buy to cook the dish at home; the wine list is more high end overall; real linens are used on the tables; and the atmosphere is calm.

The few places locally that fit my definition that I can think at this moment are Fish Out of Water, Cafe Provence, Basmati's and Cafe Thirty-A (although Thirty-A is a bit noisy). If I think of any others, I'll post - suffering from end-of-the-day brain freeze.
 
Last edited:
Definitely depends on your perspective. For some fine dining probably means there isn't a drive-thru!

To me, fine dining means a restaurant with no small children or TVs, uniformed and professional staff, great food skillfully prepared, great service, and real furniture.

Vintij and Fire have some of the best food, presentation, and service around, but I wear jeans and there isn't a tablecloth.
 
I don't think any of the restaurants on 30A have dress codes. That I am aware of anyway. I have eaten at Fish out of Water dressed in business attire and I've eaten there in jeans and flip flops. :idontno:
 
Borago, Vintij, Bistro Bijeau (in Sandestin) are all very good. If you're willing to venture west to Destin, Marina Cafe is at the top of my list.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top