• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fine Dining Recommendations

New posts
The children that prompted that post were! Nobody complains about well behaved and well supervised kids in restaurants :blink: There are some great kids who are welcome at the next table (or to share mine) at any restaurant I frequent - they are well behaved, enjoy the wide variety of food, and are funn. Then there are the kids who are roaming free 15-20' from their table, destroying the landscaping, moving/knocking over anything not nailed down, running into the road, breaking outdoor lights, screaming, getting underfoot of the waitstaff, and there is no adult supervision or discipline whatsoever. :angry:There are many restaurants in Sowal that are family or casual restaurants - which means there are options besides ruining other people's meals at more upscale restaurants!
 
Last edited:
The children that prompted that post were! Nobody complains about well behaved and well supervised kids in restaurants :blink:

I have to say that I have never witnessed unruly children at a "fine" dining restaurant in Sowal, but if I did, I think I would try to remember it's The Beach?, relax, ignore, and/or let the restaurant handle it. :D
 
Last edited:
Sorry it just doesn't compare to Fire's brunch. I am slightly biased, but you really can't beat bottomless champagne.
Fire may be good but at what price and anyway I go for the food at a brunch not the alcohol. Also, can't compare views; Fire is tucked back out of the way nowhere near the beach while Santa Rosa B.C. is right on the beach with amazing views of beach and gulf - awsome on a bright Sunday morning!!!!
 
I have to say that I have never witnessed unruly children at a "fine" dining restaurant in Sowal, but if I did, I think I would try to remember it's The Beach™, relax, ignore, and/or let the restaurant handle it. :D

its not a real problem, to my knowledge. but I guess there are families visiting who may not have a way to leave their children at "home" when they go out to eat. I'm sure it happens when a child or children misbehave in a fine dining restaurant here - and probably somewhat frequently in high season. you are right - relax. or go to Seagar's or Fleming's where you can almost bet there won't be children. :wave:

one reason I really like places like Borago is that you can bring the kids if you really want to include them for a special meal out. we typically do not dine here or other nicer restaurants with children. but on the rare occasion we will. bad behavior is never acceptable. but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened a time or two with our own.:blush:

usually its the adults that can exhibit some pretty rude behavior now and then. that is the kind of thing I can't stand during a really special evening out.
 
Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that suggested D&K's for this category. It's so hard to be everything to everyone....but we try. Sometimes you will see sequins and on that very same night group of tourists arrive in shorts, flaps and T-shirts. We are still evolving as each month passes......but we will always have wonderful food and plenty of art work to keep you talking.

God bless you all....I have missed you.

:wave::wub:Kat:welcome:

Kat, where you been gull??? Grayt to see you post again. Feeling ok?:D
 
Can't remember if anyone's mentioned Gravel Road yet, but we had a very nice lunch there today. When the waitress apologies that they don't have grouper because it's out of season, and that they're subbing snapper for the same price, it's a good sign. (lot of other places woyld have gone for a cheaper substitution)
 
Has anyone heard of Fleming's Steakhouse? I hear they do a great job and are kind of the neighborhood steakhouse with lots of wine.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top