I chewed out my nephew last night. I lent him the car Saturday night and found unused fireworks in it Sunday morning. I hid them in the trunk. Last night they got them and went out on the beach and shot them off.

When he got home there were more fireworks. After I went looking for them on the beach and found the assorted chairs, tents etc, on the beach at 11PM, I was already fuming. Then he admitted to setting them off but picking up his trash. I said what about the leftover that falls into the water, onto the beach, or onto somebody's wood deck.
We have VERY DRY pinestraw in our neighborhood with wood homes on piers. I hate to be a stick in the mud but why don't people just let the pros do it.
I think that "show" next to Alys may have been the renters 2 doors down. I found remnants in the street and when they started this am, I went down and told them it was illegal and that it's very dry... yada yada. Haven't heard any since. We'll see. Sometimes education does help.