• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fish Tacos

New posts
Don'yt think I want to give out the secret, "f in Taco", recipes! This is like KFC giving out the secret spice!! No you will just have to be present at the next party to try and steal the secret! That's if you don't get too drunk to do it!

I kind of had a feeling that was what you were going to say. Glad to see you are still with us. I will try and figure out if and when I ever to try one of yours!!!!
 
Fish Tacos make mothers sleep late and kids miss school. :roll:
:floor: :floor: sounds like a rough day at the daddy-o house!!!!! I think I have experienced some of these effects......:eek: :biggrin: :biggrin:
 
Go to foodtv.com (Food Network) and search fish tacos. You'll find a Bobby Flay fish taco recipe that calls for a marinade made with cilantro, a little hot pepper sauce, lime juice. Throw the fish on the grill and it's fantastic! It's one of our favorite beach recipes, we have them every year when we're in Grayton. Mix up a pitcher of margaritas or mojitos, and I'm in heaven....wish I was there!
 
heh
Definitely some undercurrents to this thread.
BR's daughter's recipe is similar to mine.
One thing I've never ever had with my fish taco is cheese.
Killer Seafood in Mexico Beach makes some okay fish tacos, but I always have to tell them to leave off the cheese.
 
Anyone have a "fish tacos" night last night??:lolabove:
I had a dancing, tailgating, watching the game, partying some more and going home and sleeping it off kinda night...how about you???
 
Maybe I'm living in the dark ages here in the Midwest, but the idea of fish and tacos together sounds disgusting to me! I've seen it on menus in the South and in Mexico, but I've never known anyone who's actually eaten them. Maybe it's a taste you have to acquire?:idontno: But then again, I can't stand the idea of sushi, raw oysters and I don't like seafood in my gumbo either. I love lobster, crablegs, tilapia, shrimp, etc. but I like them cooked in the traditional way(s).

On another note, different but still on the subject of food....I've been reading and hearing recently about a disgusting black market on horse meat! Apparently it's a delicacy in some countries - France, the Netherlands, Japan, Belgium. Horse are sometimes stolen and then sold for around $300 - $400 each; they're then shipped off to countries who regularly sell it in their butcher shops. One politician tearily described how two of his Tennessee Walking Horses had been stolen and when the perpitrators were found, they admitted selling them to a slaughterhouse. Another young girl described waking up on her 13th birthday to find her horse missing. Turns out a relative had stolen the horse overnight and sold it to a slaughterhouse for $325. Another man sold two of his horses to a slaughterhouse because they had bad legs, and he said "$325 each at least recoups some of my money".:bang: What a jerk! If a horse is in pain, etc., it should be put down humanely, not murdered! There is a group trying to get legislation to ban the slaughter of horses in this manner. Sorry for getting off on a tangent; I just read another article in todays St. Louis Post Dispatch and it got me riled up again!:pissed:
 
Maybe I'm living in the dark ages here in the Midwest, but the idea of fish and tacos together sounds disgusting to me! I've never had one....but if Abe makes them they MUST be good!!!!!

black market on horse meat!
How awful!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top