bankei1974
Beach Comber
I did have a tent and took it down every evening when not in use, that is a pet peeve of mine to.
bankei1974 said:I think that you are missing the point. Property owners have every right in my opinion to drive their car onto the beach. Fishing guide who do this for profit should not be allowed to monopolize beach space to make a profit. would the sheriff run me off of the beach if I sat up a hut on the beach and sold stuff I made, I think so. People who do this for profit should move their vehicles off or away from the shore while fishing. I am very aware of the ordinances of your county and I think this should be addressed. what will you do when there are thirty trucks and trailers out on the beach and no beach space for six or seven hundred yard? Will you go to the state park?
30A Skunkape said:When in Grayton I ALWAYS cross the lake outlet to set up the 'spot'. No trucks, no vendors, decreased humanity...in short, tranquility! Try it![]()
Your analogy doesn't take into account that the "guides" are property owners and buy permits for this just as I and many other people on this board do. Its one of those things that was approved by our county government many years ago when hardly anyone gave a s--t what anyone else did in Walton County. I think its kinda cool and makes for some good photos by SJ and Kurt that we all enjoy. And like Kurt said, hardly any of the boats being launched are by guides but by local property owners.bankei1974 said:my analogy is still correct, their vehicles occupy space on the beach for profit. And how many guides would have to occupy beach space before you became annoyed?
bankei1974 said:I surrender, I just thought this should be mentioned. At some point in the future, I foresee this issue cropping up with your local goverment as the local population grows. I just thought I would get people thinking and noticing it a little.