• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Flip Flops Burger Review

New posts
Great fan of Flip-Flop burgers as well. I hesitate to post anything negative, but we've had two terrible service experiences there this summer and have decided not to come back until the off season. Understandable can get busy at times, but 45 min -1 hour waits after ordering burgers with kids in tow (and no mention prior to taking money up front to expect that long a wait) not a sustainable or enjoyable activity.
 
I love their dogs--I just wish I could get sauerkraut as a garnish--must be a Yankee thing.:idontno:


th_rockon.gif
 
Great fan of Flip-Flop burgers as well. I hesitate to post anything negative, but we've had two terrible service experiences there this summer and have decided not to come back until the off season. Understandable can get busy at times, but 45 min -1 hour waits after ordering burgers with kids in tow (and no mention prior to taking money up front to expect that long a wait) not a sustainable or enjoyable activity.


I too have had problems with service on two separate occasions.
 
turkey po-boy get's my vote
 
I love their dogs--I just wish I could get sauerkraut as a garnish--must be a Yankee thing.:idontno:

Can't you just bring your own kraut? Like in a little baggie? Smuggle it in with you.
 
Geo - where ya been? glad you finally made it to Flip Flops - home of the best burger on 30A (at least many people have said this to be the case!). We have had several threads on this very subject - and Flip Flops is always most mentioned burger by most people! Your review is excellent - thanks!

I adore Flip Flops burgers & fries... wait til you try the house chili cheese dawg! great shrimp po boy. I haven't tried much else because when I get over to Flip Flops its usually because I'm craving a burger and fries big time. As I see it, Flip Flops serves as our local fast food joint - and boy are we lucky cause its far superior than any fast food joint I've ever visited.

we do miss one thing though - the milk shakes! where did they go???


love to Shay and everyone at Flip Flops - so glad you are in SoWal!!!:wave:
 
Last edited:
I've only been to flip flops twice. Grouper sandwich was amazing the first time I went. I really liked the sauce and it was really big too. (i got the extra big one for a buck or 2 more) If it was a little cheaper I'd probably go get it more often.

Next time, I thought I would try the burger because of all the raving I've heard about them, and I have to admit I was really disappointed. Just seemed very plain and flavorless. A couple months later I was telling one of my friends about it and asking her what the big deal was about the burgers there and she told me I just had to try the gorgonzola burger. That's all she ever gets and it's amazing. Since she's a pretty picky person and is used to NYC quality food (grew up there) I'll give the gorgonzola burger one try before I write their burgers off.

Also, one other place I tried recently that seems pretty hyped up on here was shorty's. Again, pretty disappointed in the burger. Was definitely humungous and filling but very bland and boring. I've never made one at home that tasted so bland. But the high point was that it was cheap and huge. Not sure if I'll go back though.
 
Also, one other place I tried recently that seems pretty hyped up on here was shorty's. Again, pretty disappointed in the burger. Was definitely humungous and filling but very bland and boring. I've never made one at home that tasted so bland. But the high point was that it was cheap and huge. Not sure if I'll go back though.

That's interesting - I didn't care for the burger at Shorty's because I thought it was overseasoned!

Love the fried shrimp there, though.
 
Shorty's is in Grayton in the old D&K spot on the corner, but they occupy both floors. Flip Flops is in Seagrove on 30A, just east of Cocoon's.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top