• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Food poisoning

New posts
ladyd, you should have responded to the bill payment question, "Oh, I think my lawsuit will more than cover the bill :twisted::pissed:, due to the pain and suffering. Kick me while I'm down why don't you."
 
BR...how are you? Let us know.
 
Yes, I just got up and am checking to see if you have posted anything yet.
Hope you're back at home; quickly recovering.
 
Me too, BR. When you are strong enough to make it to the keyboard, let us know...or get Beach Jacket to post your progress.
 
BR feel better soon! :( Please let us know how you are when you can.
 
Thanks for the well wishes! The ER ran a lot of tests and determined that I have food poisoning. They put me on IV fluids, gave me Phenergan IV for the nausea, and gave me something (forgot the name) for the bad stomach ache. We didn't get home until after 3 AM.

I will call the Health Department. That's a good suggestion pk. And ladyde, can't believe you were sick enough to be in the hospital 8 days. That's scary.:eek:

Back to napping. I'm still drowsy from the Phenergan.
 
Let me play doctor:clap_1: How long after your meal did you notice symptoms? What did you eat (if that gives the restaurant identity away, forget it, but there are certain foodborne illnesses classically associated with particular foodstuffs)? Did anyone share food that had similar symptoms (or lack thereof)? Fever? Bloody stool? Duration of symptoms? Curious minds want to know!
 
Thanks for the well wishes! The ER ran a lot of tests and determined that I have food poisoning. They put me on IV fluids, gave me Phenergan IV for the nausea, and gave me something (forgot the name) for the bad stomach ache. We didn't get home until after 3 AM.

I will call the Health Department. That's a good suggestion pk. And ladyde, can't believe you were sick enough to be in the hospital 8 days. That's scary.:eek:

Back to napping. I'm still drowsy from the Phenergan.

BR, I am glad they got you taken care of. Those 8 days were awful for me. I didn't go into the hospital until the next day. I went home and went to bed and drank plenty of gatorade but wasn't any better the next day so I decided I needed to go. I went to a minor emergency clinic and had to go rushing to the bathroom. I made the most awful mess all over the bathroom floor, and not from throwing up. They had me on IV's and several combinations of drugs. Thinking back I wished I had sued them. Because I am forever going to have to see the gastroenterologist as that is how I ended up with the ulcerative colitis, even though it is under control. And no one else reported getting sick from that same pan of chicken that I am aware of anyway. Take care.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top