iwishiwasthere
Beach Fanatic
Thanks..I still feel like a "lurker" on this board. Trying to warm up.
Smiling JOe said:Grayton Corners has 1/4#hot dogs, and you can get a dog, chips and big drink for around $3.50.
The problem with the delivery service is that with the price of gasoline and labor, it would be difficult to keep money in the pocket.
Mermaid said:I don't care what the price of gas is, I absolutely do NOT mind driving to PCB to get to the chains I patronize--Target, Lowes, and Home Depot--etc. If we have those kinds of stores within a half hour drive, why do they need to be any closer?
As far as chain restaurants, one of the big lures of 30-A has always been the lack of them! Why on earth would I drive 13+ hours to the beach to eat at a restaurant that I can eat at, at home? (Not that I do.) I know the restaurant business is a very tough one and that many good independents don't make it, but it's not for the lack of my business! I hope that the chain mentality does not strike 30-A and take it over, squeezing out the mom and pops. It's up to us who live and vacation on 30-A to continue giving business to the unique restaurants that are here, if we want to see them thrive.

Too late. They're already here.wetwilly said:I love Starbucks coffee and Subway sandwiches and many other chains but I don't want them on 30-A.
SlowMovin said:Too late. They're already here.
Sueshore said:I was so upset to see the Starbucks go in at Uptown Grayton. I scorn it each time I pass it and hope no one goes there!!!! I was wondering if they got in because they don't "front" 30-A or because they sell in store at WC Market? Is there an end to this....or is this the beginning of the end?