• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Franchises and Chains

New posts
Smiling JOe said:
Fortunately, the beach is usually to hot to see people drinking coffee while at the beach. I do think you the nail on the head, though. These convenient processed crap places that serve something which we think of as food, help us to don the I-want-the-easy-way hat. It affects much more than our health, even if they are located on Hwy 98.

Ahhhh. You would think that UH? The Fact Is- Drinking hot drinks in Hot weather, IS How One Really Cools off. Yet, Most people don't know that.
 
Dabell said:
Ahhhh. You would think that UH? The Fact Is- Drinking hot drinks in Hot weather, IS How One Really Cools off. Yet, Most people don't know that.

Yesterday, temps reached 100F degrees here. I don't think you will convince people to take their coffee on the beach at 2pm to cool off. Maybe with a morning stroll, but again, it is 80F and feels like 90F due to the high humidity.

Doesn't matter anyway, because the point Bob is making is that people will litter, the wind blows the litter, and sooner or later, it will fill our beaches, much like PCB.

I think a party boat must have gone down off the beaches of SoWal because I have been picking up 16oz plastic cups found along the water's edge for the last 10 days. They keep on coming. Many were in Gulf Trace, but I have no idea from whence they came.
 
Last edited:
Smiling JOe said:
Yesterday, temps reached 100F degrees here. I don't think you will convince people to take their coffee on the beach at 2pm to cool off. Maybe with a morning stroll, but again, it is 80F and feels like 90F due to the high humidity.

Doesn't matter anyway, because the point Bob is making is that people will litter, the wind blows the litter, and sooner or later, it will fill our beaches, much like PCB.

I think a party boat must have gone down off the beaches of SoWal because I have been picking up 16oz plastic cups found along the water's edge for the last 10 days. They keep on coming. Many were in Gulf Trace, but I have no idea from whence they came.

Is there a Fine for that? And Who watches out for it?
 
Dabell said:
Is there a Fine for that? And Who watches out for it?
Walton County just approved 5 or 6 cops to patrol for traffic. I don't think we have a garbage patrol officer, though the Sheriff's Dept would probably be the ones in charge. Have you ever seen an area, anywhere in this country, filled with litter even with fines and penalties for littering? Laws and fines don't prevent it anymore than speed limits prevent speeding.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Yesterday, temps reached 100F degrees here. I don't think you will convince people to take their coffee on the beach at 2pm to cool off. Maybe with a morning stroll, but again, it is 80F and feels like 90F due to the high humidity.

Doesn't matter anyway, because the point Bob is making is that people will litter, the wind blows the litter, and sooner or later, it will fill our beaches, much like PCB.

I think a party boat must have gone down off the beaches of SoWal because I have been picking up 16oz plastic cups found along the water's edge for the last 10 days. They keep on coming. Many were in Gulf Trace, but I have no idea from whence they came.

Tangent alert! Sorry to hear the heat is hanging out over y'all as well. It is just ghastly here in Dallas. We are supposed to hit 101F today. The ironic news is that that biatch, Rita, might just bring us some much needed rain and a cool off.

back on subject (sort of)....Let's borrow and change up the motto of TX..."DON'T MAUL WITH SOWAL!" Is this littering problem somewhat new...meaning last couple of years and just a symptom of growth?
 
Sueshore said:
Tangent alert! Sorry to hear the heat is hanging out over y'all as well. It is just ghastly here in Dallas. We are supposed to hit 101F today. The ironic news is that that biatch, Rita, might just bring us some much needed rain and a cool off.

back on subject (sort of)....Let's borrow and change up the motto of TX..."DON'T MAUL WITH SOWAL!" Is this littering problem somewhat new...meaning last couple of years and just a symptom of growth?
The amount of litter has a direct correlation to the number of people in the area. It is sure to increase with fast food establishments. I don't see too much litter today, but who knows what tomorrow brings?
 
Smiling JOe said:
The amount of litter has a direct correlation to the number of people in the area. It is sure to increase with fast food establishments. I don't see too much litter today, but who knows what tomorrow brings?

On the subject a little. I live in a very small community that is 4 miles from Huntsville, Alabama. We do not have any fast food places in our little town. However, 4 miles up the road there is every fast joint you can imagine. I walk a couple of miles everynight around my neighborhood. Each night I can tell you what the neighbors had for breakfast, lunch and dinner by the new bags on the side of the road. It drives me nuts!! It is like, hey don't you guys own garbage cans??? I can only imagine what the beaches would look like if the fast food establishments showed up on 30-A!!!!!
 
kathydwells said:
On the subject a little. I live in a very small community that is 4 miles from Huntsville, Alabama. We do not have any fast food places in our little town. However, 4 miles up the road there is every fast joint you can imagine. I walk a couple of miles everynight around my neighborhood. Each night I can tell you what the neighbors had for breakfast, lunch and dinner by the new bags on the side of the road. It drives me nuts!! It is like, hey don't you guys own garbage cans??? I can only imagine what the beaches would look like if the fast food establishments showed up on 30-A!!!!!

You are 100% RIGHT! I use to own a home by a Golden "M", there was always Trash on my lawn. We may not be able to fight for any fast food's opening up on 30-A, Yet, we can fight a Drive Thur!
 
Dabell said:
You are 100% RIGHT! I use to own a home by a Golden "M", there was always Trash on my lawn. We may not be able to fight for any fast food's opening up on 30-A, Yet, we can fight a Drive Thur!

What:idontno:. Please tell us more.

I hope everyone understands that people will go toward the beaches after loading up on fast food purchased on Hwy 98. I encourage you to forget 30-A and think bigger picture.
 
If the area witch YOu LIVE in, has no DRIVE THUR's, The people of this such area can fight that they do not want any drive thurs because of High trafic, Crap on the sidewalks and/or lawns, That a drive thur belongs on the bigger Streets with the most trafic, riff raff coming in, may lead to more crime... You would need about 1/3 of the people living there to sign a that they are against it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top