• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fresh or Frozen?

New posts
Help me out here, guys. How do you brine a turkey? I know it's a salt-water soak, but how much salt, how long, do you inject anything, etc?

I've never done it myself, but thinking of trying it this year if i can't find a fried turkey. Whole Foods and Williams-Sonoma sell brine bags and seasoning mix to do it.
 
Help me out here, guys. How do you brine a turkey? I know it's a salt-water soak, but how much salt, how long, do you inject anything, etc?

cooksillustrated.com has excellent roast turkey recipe, including brining. It's very easy to do - just let it soak in water with a LOT of salt in it, in a big pot in the fridge, I forget how long, etc. so easy though.

or just google turkey brining and see what you come up with. I can easily find my recipe and send it to you if you need it, just holler.
 
cooksillustrated.com has excellent roast turkey recipe, including brining. It's very easy to do - just let it soak in water with a LOT of salt in it, in a big pot in the fridge, I forget how long, etc. so easy though.

or just google turkey brining and see what you come up with. I can easily find my recipe and send it to you if you need it, just holler.

I'm thinkin' I might try it, Toots. Send it or post it please.:biggrin:
 
Thanks Tootsie! I'll Google it...I'm sure that if I can get the brine for boiling peanuts right, I can do this...:D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top