• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Gas Availability

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
2cat said:
Any gas shortages in So Wal?

I don't know about SoWal but.... my sister-in-law in NC just e-mailed they are now rationing gas as of today. They are allowing 10 gal. today and 5 tomorrow.:eek:
 
I'm starting to worry about my trip from Dallas to Florida next weekend. I'm just not sure what the gas situation will be (rationing).

Also, the electricty could still be out. We were stopping over night in Jackson, MS but hear they will be without electricity for awhile. I cannot get through to any hotels in that area.

Then once we start heading south into Florida we could run into all kinds of hazards.

:idontno:
 
I was just out and about in Atlanta and I saw a Kroger gas station with cars lined up and there were signs saying they were temporarily out of gas. Apparently Atlanta gets a lot of it's gas through distribution centers down towards NO.

Radio was also reporting price gouging in a couple cities south of Atlanta. $3.25 and $3.35 for regular. It is $2.69 where I am and was $2.47 on Monday afternoon.
 
spinDrAtl said:
I was just out and about in Atlanta and I saw a Kroger gas station with cars lined up and there were signs saying they were temporarily out of gas. Apparently Atlanta gets a lot of it's gas through distribution centers down towards NO.

Radio was also reporting price gouging in a couple cities south of Atlanta. $3.25 and $3.35 for regular. It is $2.69 where I am and was $2.47 on Monday afternoon.

Not only does Atlanta get much of its gasoline through distribution centers in the NOLA area, but much of the oil is actually refined into gasoline in that area. Personally, I do not understand how G W Bush's releasing the reserves of unrefined oil reserves will do anything if there are not enough refineries to process the oil into gasoline. Anyone know?
 
Just received this email from a friend of mine:

Just got a call from my brother, who owns a gas station in
SC..Telling me to fill my vechicles now! He anticipates
ridiculous prices ...His distributor has informed him that he
may not be able to get another delivery of gasoline as scheduled
because of Katrina...Meaning my brother will not have gas to
sell in 2 days....The price for premium is now at $3.19 at the
corner station here in Durham.
 
I think it may be time to make some moonshine to run my car, just like the 'ole Duke boys.

I would have to buy a lockable gas cap to keep the drunks out of my stash.
 
Last edited:
I passed a guy syphoning gas out of a broken down car on I-85 on the way to work this morning. The car has been there a couple days. This guy was sucking on a garden hose at 7 AM. Not the way I want to start my day..
 
Landlocked said:
I passed a guy syphoning gas out of a broken down car on I-85 on the way to work this morning. The car has been there a couple days. This guy was sucking on a garden hose at 7 AM. Not the way I want to start my day..

Maybe he knows something that we don't. (see my post above regarding moonshine, or could it be biodiesel? I hear they add alcohol to the veggie oil to produce biodiesel) :floor:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top