• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Gas Availability

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smiling JOe said:
Instead, how about encouraging our big oil govt to spend more money on researching alternative and renewable fuel sources.


I have a responsibility to remind my kids of their responsibility!! I feel like that pendulum is starting to swing back...not a bad thing though.
 
Oh my. I thought this gas thing was limited to Atlanta primarily. I just got this in an email from a good friend in Asheville:
"ALL gas stations in Asheville and surrounding
areas are totally out of gas and shut down. not expecting to
reopen for 6 days!"

Guess my labor day plans just changed...
 
katie blue said:
Oh my. I thought this gas thing was limited to Atlanta primarily. I just got this in an email from a good friend in Asheville:
"ALL gas stations in Asheville and surrounding
areas are totally out of gas and shut down. not expecting to
reopen for 6 days!"

Guess my labor day plans just changed...

Holy Cow! :blink: I haven't even checked the Nooga.
 
katie blue said:
Oh my. I thought this gas thing was limited to Atlanta primarily. I just got this in an email from a good friend in Asheville:
"ALL gas stations in Asheville and surrounding
areas are totally out of gas and shut down. not expecting to
reopen for 6 days!"

Guess my labor day plans just changed...

Well, Katie Blue, I guess you can get an tube and a six pack and float down the Hooch, if you are in ATL. Whatever you and everyone else do, I hope you have fun.:D
 
Smiling JOe said:
Well, Katie Blue, I guess you can get an tube and a six pack and float down the Hooch, if you are in ATL. Whatever you and everyone else do, I hope you have fun.:D

I'm having a party! Come on over Katie Blue. :welcome:
 
Florida Power and Light produces most of their electricity from Natural Gas. They will be running out soon.
 
Wow! This is really widespread then. Looks like I won't be making it down there after all :( Thanks to all of you for the helpful info.
 
Are there any gas shortages in the area?

My family will be in Grayton Beach for the long weekend - have you all experienced any gas shortages or long lines at the pump?

Thanks! Jody
 
Re: Are there any gas shortages in the area?

jfashley said:
My family will be in Grayton Beach for the long weekend - have you all experienced any gas shortages or long lines at the pump?

Thanks! Jody

With Labor Day Weekend forthcoming, I think the lines will be arriving shortly, along with the higher prices. This afternoon, I noticed the Tom Thumb on 98/331 still had posted prices of around $2.59 9/10 per gallon of regular. Maybe they just have not had a chance to change the prices on the sign. The station had vehicles at all pumps. but no lines.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top