• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Goodbye To Lee's Chicken

New posts

Phoenix Rising

Beach Lover
I was at Lee's yesterday and was told that they are permanently closing their doors on Sunday. It is sad to see another SoWal business hit by these difficult economic conditions.
 
Are they closing all of their stores, or just the South Walton location? I don't eat much fried chicken any more, but Lee's had some pretty-darn-good fried chicken.
 
Moe's closed to. I was told by a few of the food a liquor reps that an average of 4 restaurants a week are closing. That of course is a guestimation.
 
Yep I asked my oldest to ride if I buy and she informed me it's closed(Moes) and I almost broke down and cried. No more Homewrecker!:angry:
 
Are they closing all of their stores, or just the South Walton location? I don't eat much fried chicken any more, but Lee's had some pretty-darn-good fried chicken.

The girl at the register told me they closing the Redfish Village and Crestview franchises... which were owned by the same people. I'm not sure about the chain as a whole, I think most of their locations are in Kentucky and Ohio - about 150 in all.
 
Their HQ is in Seaside. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a new SoWal location sometime soon.



Sally's By The Sea Store right down the sttreet has awesome fried chicken.
 
Plenty of closures going around. Panama City closed three BlockBuster stores, Moe's and I hear Quizno's at Grande Blvd, Taste of Oz, several Starbuck's, and I noticed that restaurant in front of Office Max, in Destin closed. I don't think it was a TGIFriday's but something like that. Ironically, most of the closures I see are the restaurants which are reasonably-priced. The high-priced restaurants seem to be hanging on. Maybe some of these chains had too much expansion, too quickly, before there was any profit churning.
 
Their HQ is in Seaside. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a new SoWal location sometime.

I was going to say...CLUCK, but this gives me hope for a change. :wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top