• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Grayton Beach Aug 22 2005

New posts
jdarg said:
Of course the best pets are the ones that somehow cross your path...and then stay.

How true this statement is jdarg. I have 2 rescues, one that I rescued from the humane society at 7 weeks old, and the other is a jack russell that was tied to a tree in my neighbors yard for 2 years. It broke my heart to see that little thing tied to a tree with no shelter. I called animal control and no one would help me because he had "water" and food, no shelter though. To make a long story short, they finally let him off his chain because to quote them "they were leaving for a week and wanted him to be able to find food". Well, he did, at my house. When they came home I walked over there and offered them $50.00 for him. I knew they needed the money and probably would take it. They did. I got him, and had to have him treated for a severe case of heart worms. The worse the vet had ever seen. He spent 2 weeks at the vet, with them trying to save his life. He survived, and he is the most precious, grateful, little lap dog I have ever seen. He came into my life for a reason, so did my Angel dog that was rescued from the Humane Society. I would not give anything for them. I will post their pictures. Anyway, just wanted to let you know how much that statement meant to me!
 
Looks like Joe's pics have morphed into a dog discussion! Sorry....Oh well, when has anyone totally stayed on topic?

Good for you Kathy- and that heartworm treatment is a bear. The "foundlings" do seem to be so grateful. Tying animals is wrong and cruel. If anyone that tied their animals ever saw what can happen "in just 5 minutes!", they would never tie any animal again.

Right now we have to be content with 2 old cats and 2 parakeets- and those birds have more personality than I could have ever imagined. We have always had purebred dogs (goldens, Australian cattle dog), but I am ready for a nice mix- they always stay healthy! And no more herding dogs- too smart and busy. The 16 year old cattle dog was busy until his last day!
 
Smiling JOe said:
IMG_0986.JPG
SJ I can almost feel the hot sand on my feet, thanks for a great picture!!!!! :wub:
 
Thank you dog rescuers everywhere! There's a special place in Heaven for you.
 
kathydwells said:
How true this statement is jdarg. I have 2 rescues, one that I rescued from the humane society at 7 weeks old, and the other is a jack russell that was tied to a tree in my neighbors yard for 2 years. It broke my heart to see that little thing tied to a tree with no shelter. !


I have a similiar story. There was a little white poodle that lived diagonally to us. 4 boys under the age of 6 lived there also. The dog was left out in the snow, rain, heat and cold.This is a toy poodle folks!!! Poor thing. She would get through their gate and run the streets from time to time. I hated to see this. I picked her up one day in my yard and she was the sweetest thing. My daughter has allergies and the Dr had told us a poodle or no dog at all. I took her back to her owner and didn't say anything at the time. A couple of days later I heard that they wanted to get rid of her. I walked over and asked if it were true and the lady said..."I told her to run away and she did. I haven't seen her for 2 days." I told her we would love to have her. She said well if she comes back you can have her. A few hours later she called and the poodle had come back. I walked over and Stacy's been with us for 5 years this past July. She's all white, weighs about 6 -7 pounds and the biggest cuddler/lap dog you have ever seen. She's my daughter's love. It was sad at first because she would cower if you just said one thing a little firm. She never wanted to go outside b/c she thought she would never be let in again. It took a time of adjustment but it was all worth it. :wub:
 
Last edited:
IMG_1232.JPG

After sunset Grayton Beach Aug 22 2005


IMG_1240.JPG

Big StingRay caught at Grayton Beach Aug 22 2005 while intentially fishing for sharks.:shock:
 
1st pic...Beauty

2nd pic...beast

Now there's a great idea...we haven't been in the news in a while, so let's bring some sharks ashore!!!! Jeez...
 
Sueshore said:
Now there's a great idea...we haven't been in the news in a while, so let's bring some sharks ashore!!!! Jeez...

...and today, I saw the Mullet heads(not haircuts) on the Beach with about a dozen oyster shells where these guys were fishing last night. They were using Mullet for bait. :bang:


I have seen several large stingrays over the last several days in deeper water. Of course, there are baby ones out there too. Only a few jelly fish spotted but mostly they are further out than people have been venturing recently.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top