• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Grocery query - cheap meat

New posts
Increased fuel costs would also not be hitting this area at a disproportionate rate (no major increases reported elsewhere).

My guess is that they are jacking up the prices for the summer/location - that's why I was posting to see if people had any good local sources.
 
I've been told that WaterColor Publix is the most profitable per sq ft of all Publix stores. I believe it, because it is half the size of most, and I regularly stand behind people in line whose total comes to over $500. Everything is more expensive in SoWal, however, I recently went to Kelly's Grocery in Freeport, and they had less selection and some of their prices were much more than Publix.
 
If you're going to Fort Walton Beach or PCB, you might want to try Sam's club. Also, Walmart usually has good prices because they buy in mass quantity. If you're looking for quality organic free range meats, I order mine online at www.blackwing.com. I keep a small freezer stocked with organic meat from blackwing and the quality is always incredible.

And they freeze it and let it thaw in the store. I will never buy meat from Walmart again. I have had to take back meat 2 out of 3 times when I bought it there. Never again.
 
Thanks RiverOtter! Can always use a chuckle ......... especially at the end of the day when I'm about to go for a bike ride ;)
 
scooterbug44, your title thread reminded me a teeshirt which I saw a man wearing at Artsquest on Saturday. I forget the store name, but the shirt read something like, "Bob's Meat -- You can't beat our meat!"
 
scooterbug44, your title thread reminded me a teeshirt which I saw a man wearing at Artsquest on Saturday. I forget the store name, but the shirt read something like, "Bob's Meat -- You can't beat our meat!"

:funn: ...I have been waiting for someone to crack the first one! I immediately thought bad thoughts. :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top