• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Grouper sandwich!

New posts
I have to say the last few times I have gotten the Grouper Sandwich at Seagrove Market, I have been disappointed. It used to be the first and last thing I would eat when we got to the beach. Am looking for a new place to try.

I feel the same way. It may be that there are many more options. :idontno:
 
Smiling Fish Cafe' - love the fried grouper sandwich. love anything George-baby cooks!:wave:

That was delish. :drool: The Grouper taco with the chorizo.
 
The grouper sandwich at Hurricane's is very good. Also, one of the best I have ever had was at Whale's Tail (yes!) on old 98.
 
personal favorite has always been D&K, but Gravel Road is in the running....old dependable is Seagrove Market---are there other contenders?

A homemade Grouper sandwich. (A nice filet of fresh grouper w/seasonings of choice sauteed in butter, olive oil or blackened in a cast iron skillet or grilled for a few moments. Serve on a decent bread roll, and add some lettuce & tomato and dressing.)

...it's certainly not rocket science--(as compared to the time-consuming chore of preparing a huge piece of beef to get a decent medium-rare prime rib.)

I used to go out to eat grouper sandwiches quite a bit in the past (shout-out to the Seagrove Market :wave:)...but as the price of grouper continues to go up, I've experienced some of the restaurants skimping on the portion size or playing "presto-chango" with different varieties of fish to keep their profit margins up. So, if I have a hankering for a kick-arse-honest-to-goodness Grouper Sandwich from daze-gone-by, I'll prepare it myself at home .

.
 
but as the price of grouper continues to go up...

And I do enjoy a little homemade pan-sauteed grouper myself.

With reference to the thread on the oil bubble, it sure would be neat if there was a "grouper bubble" underway, with a crash coming soon. :D
 
bangin beer batter

come try our abita andygator battered grouper and snapper basket!! i'll give you some bunny bread for a sammy if you want and kickin tartar sauce.
 
The best grouper sandwich can be found under the Brook's Bridge at the Bay Cafe in Ft. Walton Beach. Any grouper sandwich connoisseur will undoubtedly be amazed with their version. It's served blackened, on a croissant, with a champagne cream sauce... YUMMY.

It's a haul to get there, but I highly recommend it for those looking for a superb experience. I've tried most of the above mentioned restaurants and find that nothing compares. BTW, the grouper sandwich at the Seagrove Market is crap.

Little Fish
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top