• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Heed the red flag, folks

New posts
pgurney said:
This is so sad. Which Ramsgate did this happen at?
why do people always assume they are infalliable?? so so sad that warnings are ignored due to lack of respect for the forces of nature....something to always be aware of!!!! If one is venturing into unknown territory one should always be prepared and knowledgeable of the facts and nuiances of that territory...no matter how beautiful and seductive it may be
 
Smiling JOe said:
Does anyone know the age of the two girls who the Dad was trying to rescue?

The article from the Walton Suns says they were teenagers.
 
P3220056.JPG


The signs are a good start, but when people arrive at the beach, how likely do you think it is that they will stop to read the signs vs immediately walking on the sand and dipping their feet in the water? After a 9 hour drive, what would you do?
 
Marine pests present...and they are out there with a child..plus it is yellow hazard....:roll: ........WHY do they do it???:idontno:
 
I know those look like LSU colored flags, but they are really yellow and purple, not gold, even though they look gold colored. I should note that this flag is at WaterColor, and since it isn't a public access, I'm not sure if the SWFD is in charge of it. In fairness to the SWFD, this photo was taken the morning after the Seagrove fire, so flags were probably not on the top of the FD's list to change.

No jellies were present at this stretch of beach and the water was smooth as glass with no currents
 
Last edited:
I know those look like LSU colored flags, but they are really yellow and purple, not gold, even though they look gold colored. I should note that this flag is at WaterColor, and since it isn't a public access, I'm not sure if the SWFD is in charge of it. In fairness to the SWFD, this photo was taken the morning after the Seagrove fire, so flags were probably not on the top of the FD's list to change.

No jellies were present at this stretch of beach and the water was smooth as glass with no currents
were they supposed to be changed?
 
Marine pests present...and they are out there with a child..plus it is yellow hazard....:roll: ........WHY do they do it???:idontno:

OK- I have looked and looked for jellyfish and I guess they are totally staying away from the area in Seagrove in front of my mom's. So despite the purple flag, we have been swimming!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top