• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

How low can it go?

New posts

flyguy

Beach Lover
Reading the entire thread titled "Lakeplace Home for $625,000" from top to bottom gives a great view of why buyers like myself are having such a tough time pulling the trigger.

As bad as the FL real estate market has been, it seems even more dismal now than ever.

Maybe it is nearing a bottom.

Looking forward to the beach next week. I will be the one in a beach chair drinking the gin and tonic(s) at sunset.
:cool:

JMHO,
Flyguy
 
Reading the entire thread titled "Lakeplace Home for $625,000" from top to bottom gives a great view of why buyers like myself are having such a tough time pulling the trigger.

As bad as the FL real estate market has been, it seems even more dismal now than ever.

Maybe it is nearing a bottom.

Looking forward to the beach next week. I will be the one in a beach chair drinking the gin and tonic(s) at sunset.
:cool:

JMHO,
Flyguy


Go light on the tonic, those bubbles can cause hangovers :biggrin:
 
Reading the entire thread titled "Lakeplace Home for $625,000" from top to bottom gives a great view of why buyers like myself are having such a tough time pulling the trigger.

As bad as the FL real estate market has been, it seems even more dismal now than ever.

Maybe it is nearing a bottom.

Looking forward to the beach next week. I will be the one in a beach chair drinking the gin and tonic(s) at sunset.
:cool:

JMHO,
Flyguy


Sure makes you wonder where the bottom is.... I have worked two offers this week that I could not get to terms because the seller would not meet buyers offer. That sure made me say hmmmm.... Not every seller is a going to be a short sale or foreclosure. Nor is every short sale/foreclosure worthwhile. Some of them need to go back to the bank. I have been feeling pretty down about this market for awhile and have just recently been wondering what is going on. I do not say this as any sort of sales pitch. Something is going on. We are showing and getting more calls then I have had in a solid year. The game right now is trying to figure out who the buyers and who the lookers are. If you are not buying in this market, you are a looker.
BTW, FlyGuy these comments are not directed at you, just giving my opinion. Enjoy the beach and tonic because that is what this is all about anyway.
 
Last edited:
Bobby J;348502 The game right now is trying to figure out who the buyers and who the lookers are. [B said:
If you are not buying in this market, you are a looker.[/b]
BTW, FlyGuy these comments are not directed at you, just giving my opinion. Enjoy the beach and tonic because that is what this is all about anyway.


Guilty as charged. Up to this point I have just been looking but I prefer to call it research. In my defense, I am not using any realtor's time as it is pretty easy to view the inside of condos on your own. When I enlist the full services of a realtor I will be in the offer/buy mode.

And don't forget the gin!

Flyguy
 
I don't think it's hit the bottom. Pricing is still unrealistic. Don't really feel like spending half a million dollars for 1,500 square feet within a golf cart's ride to the beach.
 
I don't think it's hit the bottom. Pricing is still unrealistic. Don't really feel like spending half a million dollars for 1,500 square feet within a golf cart's ride to the beach.

That is why you are a looker. No hard feelings but I have traveled the the coastline all over the country and we are slowly becoming the best value I have seen. If wrong, please send me in the direction of better value.
 
Last edited:
First, its the sugar in the tonic that causes the problems, not the alcohol in the gin.:funn:

But more importantly, $345/SGFT in Grayton with $2600/annual PUD fees (Plus taxes, insurance, maintenance, utilities, etc) is looking high to me. It goes without saying, but willing buyers and willing sellers set the price and until the two meet, all is speculation. The market got too high and sellers have just got to get over it, simple as that.:idontno:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top