• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Huge Wreck on 98?

New posts

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
My kids just got off the school bus 30 min. late. We are in the Seacrest area. Apparently there was a huge wreck somewhere and 98 is closed. Traffic is bumper to bumper on 30-A "going slower than bikes."

Anybody know what happened?
 
It's no surprise. People just do not obey the speed limit, and I'm not being an old fogey here -- I mean that they don't obey it even within 10 mph of the limit.

So sad. Hopefully no one was injured badly.
 
I don't know about a wreck. If so it is east of 395. They were rerouting traffic to 30A with no access east of 395 on 98.

There were two trucks with large I-beams on them parked on 98 there. I thought maybe they were doing some work but maybe they were waiting for an accident to be cleared.

The deputy told me it would be at least a couple of hours.
 
FHP website says there is an obstruction on 98. Not real informative.

And, ShallowsFuzz isn't answering his cell phone. :pissed:

If I hear something, I'll post.
 
Nevermind. per the Walton Sun--Hwy 98 is now open as of 3:27. Apparently a backhoe downed a major power pole.

Glad it wasn't a wreck. There were no injuries..

http://www.waltonsun.com
 
Per our bailiff, what CCK said.

And Fuzz still hasn't called me back. Grrrr. ;-)
 
Last edited:
By-the-way, 30-A is still backed up on the east end--just tried to go to the bank at Rosemary, but turned around and came home. The traffic is backed up to Alys, probably from the 30-A/98 intersecation.
 
Yes, it was awful and the traffic is still backed up. I was one of the first 10 cars affected by the roadblock, which started a few minutes before noon. We all had to turn around, go back to Camp Creek Parkway, then go south to 30-A. I had to go back up north at Grayton to 98 and was 40 minutes late to lunch with Jdarg, Gypsea and Punzy. (Had a great time though! :wub:)

On my way back it wasn't too bad for me, but going west it was bumper to bumper from the Watersound entrance to 395. :eek: It's still backed up here in Seacrest. I had never before thought about the affects of a road closure on 98. Imagine routing all of that traffic onto 30A!! :shock: Has this kind of thing happened before?
 
I received a call earlier that west bound traffic on 30A was backed up to SeaNest (near Eastern Lake) all the way through Seaside. This morning, I was over that way, and traffic wasn't much better, and 98 was still open. I think traffic is worse this week than I've seen in the summer on July 4th.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top