• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hurricane Dennis

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
:bang:

211359W_sm.gif
 
Smiling JOe said:
If Dennis does come this way, it is likely that I will be without power, and the cell towers will be clogged for a few days. I am letting you know now, that if you would like me to take some photos(if my batteries hold up), or give you a report of your house in the likely event it does hit us, you should PM me while I still have power. I cannot promise anything, but I will do what I am able for you guys.

That's very generous, especially when considering you have your own property and self to take care of. I just popped a beer for you, Joe. :clap_1:

I shudder to think what another hurricane would do the panhandle. It makes me sick just thinking about it.
 
Donna said:
Early warnings are a blessing and have doubtless saved many lives. But there is no way to know where this storm will make landfall or its intensity given its current position. If it stalls over the outlying land masses, especially Cuba, it may lose considerable strength. It's own centrifugal force is likely to spin it in a nothwesterly direction if we don't have a front pushing it east. It may move much further west and Grayton would have uncommonly clear weather. In other words, ten thousand variables and that's why it's called weather.

The worst thing about hurricanes anymore is the 24-hr. hyperbole we get from The Weather Channel. And someone needs to let Jim Cantore know that it's not so safe to be tripping around amongst a nest of electrical wires in a thunderstorm. He's likely to end up like one of those fried clams we used to get at Hojo! :floor:

A storm isn't a storm without Jim Cantore. Let's be honest.
 
Jim Cantore says bring it on!
 
JB said:
That's very generous, especially when considering you have your own property and self to take care of. I just popped a beer for you, Joe. :clap_1:

I shudder to think what another hurricane would do the panhandle. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

I am lighting candles and saying prayers! GO AWAY, DENNIS, FAR, FAR AWAY!!!!
 
The post from T. S. Dennis from Newman/Dailey was helpful
If you could continue to post any updates from Newman would be great as we all pray Dennis does not stop by for a visit.
 
What advice do all the locals have for us tourists who are planning on coming down for vacation this upcoming week? I know that you have much bigger things to worry about like how to protect yourselves, family, property, etc...but if you can offer some words of advice I'd love it. My family and I are planning on leaving from Ohio tomorrow with an arrival to sowal on Friday afternoon. Anyone care to comment. Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top