• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hurricane Dennis

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sowal stickers can be found at Grayton General Store or Seagrove Market. Those are just two places I've seen them.
 
So, how does one decide when to board up? For us, it's not a matter of a last-minute decision. We are physically unable to do it ourselves (I mean, how many people are strong enough to carry a 50-pound piece of plywood in one hand and a drill in another hand up a 32-foot ladder?), so we need to make arrangements in advance to make sure the labor doesn't get tied up elsewhere. Any guidelines would be greatly appreciated.
 
Beachfamily said:
I am down in the area now until Sunday in Seacrest where do I find a sticker

They are at quite a few places. As of yesterday I know there are some at Seagrove Market, Grayton Market, Sally's Market.
 
kimbug said:
What advice do all the locals have for us tourists who are planning on coming down for vacation this upcoming week? I know that you have much bigger things to worry about like how to protect yourselves, family, property, etc...but if you can offer some words of advice I'd love it. My family and I are planning on leaving from Ohio tomorrow with an arrival to sowal on Friday afternoon. Anyone care to comment. Thanks.

To be on the side of caution, you might want to spend Friday night somewhere on the way down, north of Mississippi. If it's on the same track as it is now when you wake up Saturday morning, stay where you are.
 
phdphay said:
So, how does one decide when to board up? For us, it's not a matter of a last-minute decision. We are physically unable to do it ourselves (I mean, how many people are strong enough to carry a 50-pound piece of plywood in one hand and a drill in another hand up a 32-foot ladder?), so we need to make arrangements in advance to make sure the labor doesn't get tied up elsewhere. Any guidelines would be greatly appreciated.

Most people who do it already have a plan in place.
 
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200504_model.html



at200504_model.gif
 
Last edited:
My vote is for Dennis to be downgraded to a tropical storm at best before it hits land or comes too close.
 
Even the red line would be o.k. because you want to be on the west side of the storm where the winds are off-shore. It is MUCH better for the beaches.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top