• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hurricane Katrina - IV

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaltonUndercurrent

Beach Lover
Government Response

Hopefully, the U.S. government will spend as much money and provide as much man power for the people of New Orleans as they have for Iraq - maybe bring home the troops and send them to the coast?
 
Re: Government Response

Yeah. NOLA is going to have a rough time for days, weeks, months to come if the prediction and forecasts are accurate. I read your other post and my it was hair raising. The destruction is going to be devistating to NOLA even if it doesn't take a direct hit.
 
Yes I am out of internet juice. I'm posting from the WC Inn. Most businesses are closed for the day. SJ and I have been out all day checking on things. I've got some photos to upload later.

Everything is basically the way it was after Dennis - back to square one on the beaches. But that is a relief. After seeing how high the water was yesterday I feared the worst today, but it didn't get much higher.

Things should be back to normal on the beaches in a few days. Hardly any debris to clean up and no walkovers lost that I've seen.

Some of the beaches have gained sand - and all that was scraped into piles has been spread out nicely! :D
 
Sounds good! Ya'll be careful! God Bless! :lol:
 
I posed the following post on Katrina III:
"Does anyone know if Seagrove has lost power since yesterday afternoon, and if so, for how long? I'm trying to decide if I need to throw anything in the refrigerator away when I come down this week. Of course, like a moron, when I unplugged the TVs yesterday, I also unplugged the answering machine. I usually know that if it answers, we have power."

Thanks, Travel2Much and pgurney, for the responses. Yes, Landlocked, I really can be such a moron. I think it's from getting my brain fried as a Tulane student (but I adore that school!). LOL.

BTW Kurt and SJ, you are SOOOOOOOOOO nice for taking photos so that we can see what's going on down at SoWal. I mean, it's not like you couldn't be doing something more important, like doing your jobs, or taking care of family responsibilities, or just getting some a** time on the beach and drinking your favorite adult beverages!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top