• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hurricane Rita - Texas Posters

New posts
Sueshore said:
I confess...I went and topped off my tank today. It was either half full or half empty...I paid $2.83 a gal. for regular.

oooh....get ready...I hear that gas prices may climb as high as $5.00/gal if any of those Texas oil rigs get damaged! :shock:
 
In SoWal, the clouds have been a little wierd today. The sky just suddenly dropped its motherload of rain. We have not seen rain since Katrina until now. Waves were nominal today, but are expected to begin picking up tomorrow.
 
Sueshore, glad your dear PawPaw made it safely. Even if his house escapes there is always the possibility of being without water, electricity and other comforts we enjoy. Your PawPaw is a wise man.
 
sarahj said:
Sueshore, glad your dear PawPaw made it safely. Even if his house escapes there is always the possibility of being without water, electricity and other comforts we enjoy. Your PawPaw is a wise man.


Yes sarahj...he is!! I don't think I could have made it through this if he had chosen to stay! He used to LOVE the storms...but after being w/o power for a week after Alicia, he said NO MORE!!! We were talking about this Rita taking the exact course as Carla when I was 7 yo! He just had his favorite pizza and has been licked to death by puppy Molly...it's all good!!!
 
sunsetDreamin said:
Oh, crud.

First time in my life I've been in the cone of possibility...in FORT WORTH!!! :shock:
I sooo do not want my house tornadoed on. :pissed:

Holy Hurricanes, Batman! :eek: :eek: We're filling up and stocking up. Gas, water, beer, food. beer, vodka. Can't believe it might get this far with winds..we just don't have weather like this here......except when the tornados come!

Thanks, kathy, for your well wishes..sweet.
 
destindreamin said:
Holy Hurricanes, Batman! :eek: :eek: We're filling up and stocking up. Gas, water, beer, food. beer, vodka. Can't believe it might get this far with winds..we just don't have weather like this here......except when the tornados come!

Thanks, kathy, for your well wishes..sweet.

Just drink all that at once (not the gas!) and you can sleep right through it!!!!
 
Dr. Lyons, reknowned Hurricane expert, was just on TWC and he said that Rita is an F-3 Tornado/Category 5 Hurricane. That is a monster storm the power of a major tornado, 360 miles wide, and a Category 5. :bang:

He said that anyone on the western Louisiana gulfcoast and all along the gulfcoast of Texas should watch this storm closely and evacuate the area. He said that it may weaken to Cat 4 or so but may not. :bang:

We pray for everyone in this storms path. All stay safe.
 
Sueshore said:
Just drink all that at once (not the gas!) and you can sleep right through it!!!!
:cool: Sue, LOL. I might just have to hold off--looks like I'm going to work. I work in a nursing home and we're getting 15 evacuees in our building tonite, and just talked to a guy in Pasadena who's trying to get 91 of his patients placed TONIGHT! This is just crazy!! My cell phone is ringing off the hook--and we don't have any more beds!! :eek:
 
destindreamin said:
:cool: Sue, LOL. I might just have to hold off--looks like I'm going to work. I work in a nursing home and we're getting 15 evacuees in our building tonite, and just talked to a guy in Pasadena who's trying to get 91 of his patients placed TONIGHT! This is just crazy!! My cell phone is ringing off the hook--and we don't have any more beds!! :eek:

Bless you....I knew it would be just a matter of time before they started running out of room south of here. Prayers coming your way.
 
Thanks. I just hate to think of all those little frail people having to ride in an ambulance or on a bus for 4-6 hours--maybe longer, depending on the traffic. Man, what a nightmare!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top