• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hurricane Rita - Texas Posters

New posts
Sueshore said:
Oh BD! I have been waiting to hear from you! So glad everyone is safe. Bad news about the tree and truck. Bummer. How much rain did you get and how high were the winds there? PawPaw ended up just fine...hardly any rain and never lost power. Welcome back!

Thanks for thinking of me Sue! :wub: My rain gauge stops at 5" and it was full, so I'm not sure how much rain we got yet. We had wind gusts up to 65 mph. Pretty scary with big trees all around! :shock: But no flooding here thankfully.

I'm so glad your Pawpaw came through it so well! From what I am now seeing on the news, it looks like a lot of people didn't. Did you get much rain in Dallas?
 
Smiling JOe said:
Glad you are okay, BeachDreamer. I know how scarey that can be.

Thanks Joe, I bet you do! Hopefully none of us will see any more hurricanes this year...
 
BeachDreamer said:
Thanks Joe, I bet you do! Hopefully none of us will see any more hurricanes this year...

That would be nice, but it sounds unlikely at this time. I hear there is another storm brewing.
 
BeachDreamer said:
.... I looked out the front window just in time to see the porch almost blow away, and we decided we'd rather not hang around. :blink: Too many large pines around here, with shallow roots, just waiting to fall on the house.....


:shock: Sounds like you just made it out in time! Sorry about the damage, but yet glad it wasn't any worse. We used to live amongst a lot of tall pines in Florida - "Pine Flatwoods" (a step or 2 better than swamp ground.) :lol: But we loved those trees!

By the way, the term Piney Woods is such a cool name for your region. Much better name than Cross Timbers, where we are.
 
Rita said:
By the way, the term Piney Woods is such a cool name for your region. Much better name than Cross Timbers, where we are.

Hey, Cross Timbers sounds cool too. :cool:
 
Smiling JOe said:
That would be nice, but it sounds unlikely at this time. I hear there is another storm brewing.

Well crud. I just heard on the news that several more hurricanes and tropical storms are expected before the season is over. :nono1:
 
Rita said:
Nooo - Say it ain't so JOe!
:(
Yes, two more major storms are predicted for this year and there is one storm to keep an eye on in the Carribean and another system to watch, which is brewing off the western coast of Africa. Keep an ear to the ground and an eye on the weather.
 
BeachDreamer said:
Thanks for thinking of me Sue! :wub: My rain gauge stops at 5" and it was full, so I'm not sure how much rain we got yet. We had wind gusts up to 65 mph. Pretty scary with big trees all around! :shock: But no flooding here thankfully.

I'm so glad your Pawpaw came through it so well! From what I am now seeing on the news, it looks like a lot of people didn't. Did you get much rain in Dallas?

That's what is so screwy about these storms..PawPaw got around 1/2 inch and my sister in Spring was having to turn on her sprinklers on Sunday. We got zero/zilch rain here. Did have nice overcast skies and some mini winds...then of course Sunday, it was back to 102 degrees! This weather pattern is darn freaky!

Are your schools closed?
 
Sueshore said:
Are your schools closed?

Nope, it's business as usual here today. Though I will be glad to see the end of these triple digit days!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top