• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Is small the new big???

New posts
High water table, and you don't need to set the foundation deep because of freeze concerns like you do Up North. The only homes with basements here normally involve walk-outs on hilly lots.

Instead, everyone keeps their junk in the garage. It's amazing how many people are unable to put their cars in the garage because of that.



:wave: :wave: :wave:
 
BTW: who ever decided that granite was truely the mark of a a high end house??? There are many more materials far more interesting and less expensive.
Chickpea, I've asked this question a million times! It's so strange. I wonder, seriously, how many times I've heard uttered on a re-hab/house flipping show: "Now, in the kitchen we're going to re-do the countertops with granite because this is a very high end area." :roll: Give me concrete or stainless tops over granite any day.
 
I have been a Dwell MAG reader for a long time and two or three issues back they showed several couples living in 1000 Sq Ft. homes with creative storage solutions for stuff.

www.dwellmag.com

Cheers,
Son
 
Me too! Or soapstone, limestone, the list can go on and on - glad to hear this though - somehow re-invigorates me!
Oh, gosh, I absolutely love soapstone--love it! It has a really high price point, too, though, doesn't it?
 
John R, where did you get that "worst" decal? I love it and want one or maybe a hundred cause all my friends would love one too.

Also, the lady logo (on the left side of the page of your post) would be needed to be added to my order also (the real lady not the logo).

Mighty classy stuff here.
 
Oh, gosh, I absolutely love soapstone--love it! It has a really high price point, too, though, doesn't it?

Did this in the big house...no not jail. Wanted concrete, but it hadn't caught on here at the time and I couldn't find a fabricater. Soapstone, although beautiful, is VERY high maintenance at the beginning. I had to slop mineral oil on it and rub rub rub it in at least once a week for months. We moved before the break in period was over and I decided to never have it again.
 
Chickpea, I've asked this question a million times! It's so strange. I wonder, seriously, how many times I've heard uttered on a re-hab/house flipping show: "Now, in the kitchen we're going to re-do the countertops with granite because this is a very high end area." :roll: Give me concrete or stainless tops over granite any day.

Granite CTs and SS appliances will be the trademark of the Bubble Era just like Harvest Gold/Advocado and paneling were the trademark of the 70s.


.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top