Funny you say that, because about five years ago, my thoughts of this first began. To whom are they marketing these huge homes? Back then, anyone would buy them. However, I don't think they were thinking about the retiring baby boomers getting old. I think we will one day see these huge homes gutted, and rebuilt with three kitchens and and elevator, converting one home into three unit condos for the aging population.Only if they'll level all the McMansions and condos and put the beaches and wetlands back again....Not.
.
will allow.Hey Chick, I moved from a 1,900 sq ft house (blt in 1940) so no thought to space to a 5,000 sq footer. I can honestly say I am ready to move down to 3,500 maybe 4,000 very well planned sq ft.
You mean there's a tree here???? :shock:
I was working in the back yard today and at one time could hear all 3 ac units runningCan't wait to see that bill
![]()
Funny you say that, because about five years ago, my thoughts of this first began. To whom are they marketing these huge homes? Back then, anyone would buy them. However, I don't think they were thinking about the retiring baby boomers getting old. I think we will one day see these huge homes gutted, and rebuilt with three kitchens and and elevator, converting one home into three unit condos for the aging population.
Interested in your thoughts here. I know this market skews things in Sowal as so many people vacation here and, furthermore, I think that programs for second and third homes for some are more flexible - so to keep this on point let's assume we are talking ONLY about one's principal residence.
I recently attended a seminar that looked at the increasing national trend toward quality spaces (meaning: away from the McMansion to smaller, better-built homes). The demand for building smaller is becoming louder and is coming from homeowners who want comfortable places to live that are ?right-sized?; making them more sustainable, energy-efficient, and economic to build. I personally love the idea of exploring the topic of smaller houses from the perspective of design, development and marketing. Given also national trend of a higher consciousness towards being more sustainable and a better steward of the land- does this not make sense to you guys? (not to mention the advantages of less to furnish, insure, heat, cool, clean, etc?)