• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Items left on beach being addressed

New posts

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
ITEMS LEFT ON BEACH BEING ADDRESSED

By DOTTY NIST
Walton County has set the goal of uncluttered evening beaches, with the stated purpose of preventing interference with beach cleaning, sea turtle nesting, and emergency vehicle access.
The goal is not a new one, but an amendment has been proposed to an existing ordinance, 2003-07, which deals with the ?Leave No Trace? program, formerly [?]
Read full post...
 
How many tourists come to the beach and have their beautiful view of the beach obstructed by some thoughtless person setting up a tent right at the wet sand line where people walk. Just a little common sense and understanding that you really aren't the only person on the beach would make everybody a little happier.
 
East of us a bit

There's a guy who has a pavilion, rental chairs and a huge hole, dug directly at wet sand level, adorned with American flags so he can get away with his digging, and he continues to enlarge it and deepen it daily since 6/30. Now I have spoken to him and he was belligerent, so now I pass along and do not acknowledhe him, but the guy is just an inflated ego sitting in his hole. It is approx. 300 yds east of the Inlet Beach access. I've seen Sheriff patrols get close to him but have not heard any intercourse, so who will take the necessary measures before he leaves for home after his digging vacation?:yikes:
 
There's a guy who has a pavilion, rental chairs and a huge hole, dug directly at wet sand level, adorned with American flags so he can get away with his digging, and he continues to enlarge it and deepen it daily since 6/30. Now I have spoken to him and he was belligerent, so now I pass along and do not acknowledhe him, but the guy is just an inflated ego sitting in his hole. It is approx. 300 yds east of the Inlet Beach access. I've seen Sheriff patrols get close to him but have not heard any intercourse, so who will take the necessary measures before he leaves for home after his digging vacation?:yikes:
Um, are you asking for volunteers? :cool:
 
There's a guy who has a pavilion, rental chairs and a huge hole, dug directly at wet sand level, adorned with American flags so he can get away with his digging, and he continues to enlarge it and deepen it daily since 6/30. Now I have spoken to him and he was belligerent, so now I pass along and do not acknowledhe him, but the guy is just an inflated ego sitting in his hole. It is approx. 300 yds east of the Inlet Beach access. I've seen Sheriff patrols get close to him but have not heard any intercourse, so who will take the necessary measures before he leaves for home after his digging vacation?:yikes:

Wait till he gets it six feet deep. Less work for you;-)
 
There's a guy who has a pavilion, rental chairs and a huge hole, dug directly at wet sand level, adorned with American flags so he can get away with his digging, and he continues to enlarge it and deepen it daily since 6/30. Now I have spoken to him and he was belligerent, so now I pass along and do not acknowledhe him, but the guy is just an inflated ego sitting in his hole. It is approx. 300 yds east of the Inlet Beach access. I've seen Sheriff patrols get close to him but have not heard any intercourse, so who will take the necessary measures before he leaves for home after his digging vacation?:yikes:


Did he tell you why he is doing it?

I never saw those big holes on the beach before last year. I haven't caught anyone digging one yet. If I do, I plan to find out why they do it. Is it fun? It doesn't seem fun to me, more like work. Building a sand castle - yes, fun. Design, execute, then sit back and admire. Digging a big hole - no.
 
Watched a family dig a huge hole approx 5'x5' x4' deep. Inside the hole were 3 small children under the age of 5 continuing to dig with their little shovels. I can't believe that hole didn't cave in on those kids. Moms were reading, dads were frisbeeing. This was on the same day the Today show had their article on sand hole cave-ins. I was worried for those little ones.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top