• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Items left on beach being addressed

New posts
p7040166_sm.jpg
 
Just curious, how do people feel about things being left at the base of the dunes, both personal items and the rental chairs and umbrellas that are left stacked overnight ?

I just can't imagine leaving your stuff (or should I say the owner's of the house that you're renting's stuff).

A storm could come in and wash the stuff into the gulf hurting sealife. Late night beachgoers could trip on the stuff in the dark. The bottom line is that our beach is pristine and clean and the people that come here because it's so clean are the same people that trash it. Walton county has done so much to keep this place beautiful, I hope they do something soon. I'd rather see a sign saying all items left on the beach will be removed at .......... and let the beach patrol pick the stuff up. After a few times of getting their stuff removed, people won't leave it anymore. I don't see any way to get them to voluntarily respect our beaches.

I think I will make up a bunch of flyers with articles about children being buried alive (including, sadly, the ones that didnt make it back OUT alive) in those holes and hand them out to the parents that allow this to happen. Maybe that will be a wake up call for some of them. I could also include the story of a co-worker that fell into one, broke her arm, was out of work for a long time and lost her house,car etc.

:clap::clap::clap:

I think they aught to collect the stuff, and sell it to pay for beach clean up! In fact, they could leave a flyer in the rooms to recycle beach items. Nice little business for someone, or charity!


:cry::pissed:
 
I don't feel good about it. It is still leaving personal items on the beach.

Leaving items at the base of the dunes is like leaving stuff on the edge of a national forest, instead of inside the forest. What is the difference?:idontno:

Good point. Never really thought of it like that.
 
Just curious, how do people feel about things being left at the base of the dunes, both personal items and the rental chairs and umbrellas that are left stacked overnight ?

Personally, if I had to make a compromise, I could live with this. As long as it is back to the dune line.
 
Personally, if I had to make a compromise, I could live with this. As long as it is back to the dune line.

It falls back to the give an inch take a mile thing. That and what exactly constitutes the dune line? Now you've got to make yet another decision. That and what if a strong thunderstorm blows thru in the middle of the night, it's gonna scatter that stuff all over the beach.

Remove it or lose it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top